This is with a hat-tip to:
GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy traveled over to CNN This Morning on Wednesday to discuss his campaign. During the part of the interview about his recent speech at the NRA convention, host Don Lemon told Ramaswamy that it was “insulting” he would dare to say that black Americans enjoy equal rights.
(The longer video can be watched HERE)
NEWSBUSTERS has this:
This is a common thing I have found in Left’s and Atheist’s response to things they will say that the point you are making IS THE point of the of the discussion. So in this instance Don Lemon is saying Ramaswamy is saying that the Civil War was fought [only] to secure gun rights for black Americans. That that is it.
That is a straw man.
The Civil War was fought to secure Constitutional rights for black Americans.
SEE: What Was the Civil War Over?
I am gonna take another break within the break to give another example of how deterministic the Left thinks. This comes from my many years old post that grew beyond the debate I had with a professor of history at Michigan State U. We were told over-and-over-and-over again that THE REASON we entered Iraq was for WMDs. That is a rewriting of history.
Reasons for Entering Iraq
This next portion is taken from a series I do in responding to a local writer in a small journal. The original post is entitled, “Concepts: Are We Insane? Nope, Just You Van Huizum.“
So you see, the reasons of going in were many. But the Left is so tunnel visioned that this is why they often lose in any conversation they stay in over 2-minutes.
The War was for applying many principles of rights to and for blacks while trying to unite the country, namely freedom. And an important aspect of this is the 2nd Amendment.
The Reconstruction era was mutated under Democrats.
- The period immediately following the Civil War (1865 -1877) is known as Reconstruction. Its promising name belies what turned out to be the greatest missed opportunity in American history. Where did we go wrong? And who was responsible? Renowned American history professor Allen Guelzo has the surprising answers in this eye-opening video.
- Excerpts on Slavery (D’Souza, Williams, Johnson, and Sowell)
- Some Historical Perspective on Slavery (Medved, Roberts)
- Percentages Of Slaves Brought To America (Davis, Sowell)
- The Bible & Slavery (Me: PDF)
- Does the Bible Command Slavery? (Detective J. Warner Wallace)
- Obama Gets Slavery via the Bible Wrong (Dennis Prager)
- How Democrats Have Used the Bible Wrong (Alfonzo Rachel)
- Suing the Democrats Over Slavery, Lynching, and Jim Crow
- Democrats Responsible for Slavery, Republican Party for Abolition
- Fallacies of Slavery and Race
- American Slavery: Separating Fact From Myth
- Democrats Support White Supremacy
- Republicans Work to End Slavery
- US Constitution is Anti-Slavery
- Congress Celebrates the End of Slavery
- Neglected Voices of African Americans
- Reconstruction: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Democrats and the KKK
The Third Force Act, also known as the KKK or the Civil Rights Act of 1871, empowered President Ulysses S. Grant to use the armed forces to combat those who conspired to deny equal protection of the laws and, if necessary, to suspend habeas corpus to enforce the act. Grant signed the legislation on this day in 1871. After the act’s passage, the president for the first time had the power to suppress state disorders on his own initiative and suspend the right of habeas corpus. Grant did not hesitate to use this authority. (POLITICO)
Terrorist Arm of the Democrats
- Blacks AND Whites [Because Republican] Lynched by Democrat KKK
- The Southern Strategy Myth (Ann Coulter)
- Radical Groups Support the Democrats (Even the KKK)
- Democrats founded the KKK, fought the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments, instituted Jim Crow Laws, fought the 1965 Civil Rights Act
- The Rev. Wayne Perryman On Democratic Racism
- Wayne Perryman Sues the Democrat Party for Reparations
- Great Moments in Democrat Racist History ~ Hugo Black
- Democrats and the KKK
The above links are from my PAGE about America’s racial history
The Democrat Party can’t be trusted with gun bans.
Democrats history on gun bans is proof. pic.twitter.com/Y39ZAZf2jX
— Dr. Interracial 🇺🇸 (@sandyleevincent) April 25, 2023
[RPT BREAK OVER]
As for the NRA… even the modern Civil-Rights Movement were connected closely to their 2nd Amendment rights.
- Negroes With Guns: The Untold History of Black NRA Gun Clubs and the Civil Rights Movement (LIBERTARIAN INSTITUTE)
Race, the Second Amendment and the NRA | NOIR Season 7 Episode 2
Black NRA Supporter Confronts STUPID Kids Against Guns at March for Our Lives (Full Show)