There is just no way to really get across the years of reading on this topic in an audio or video form to respond to the bigotry and rewriting of history found in the Biden Administration. But I try with this somewhat long video. FIRST however, an article I suggest one read if a fan of Thomas Sowell is this one in the only political journal of note, THE CITY JOURNAL:
- THE NONCONFORMIST: Over a lifetime of scholarship and public engagement, economist Thomas Sowell has illuminated controversial topics such as race, poverty, and culture.
I likewise use video from WALLBUILDERS creations, as well as video from the following Thomas Sowell channels on YouTube:
This video likewise compliments my previous posts:
- 3/5ths Clause Explained (Abe Lincoln Bonus)
- Reparations Are Not the Answer (Thomas Sowell)
- Thomas Sowell DEBUNKS the Legacy of Slavery Argument
- America’s Original Sin (Michael Medved)
- Slavery’s Twist of Fate (Larry Elder and Roger D. McGrath)
- Getting Real About Reparations | Roger D. McGrath
- Percentages Of Slaves Brought To America (UPDATED)
- Thomas Sowell Goes Through The History of Slavery
- Some Historical Perspective on Slavery ~ Michael Medved
- Excerpts on Slavery (D’Souza, Williams, and Sowell) UPDATED
- U.S. RACIAL HISTORY
My other yearly posts are:
- George Washington’s Thanksgiving Proclamation
- What’s the Truth About the First Thanksgiving?
- Some Turkey Sized Myths About Thanksgiving and America
One should note that this is a DISTINCTLY Christian Holiday, via COLD CASE CHRISTIANITY:
….Regardless of how people may feel about the Thanksgiving Holiday, one thing should be obvious to even the most casual observer of history: Thanksgiving was (and still is) founded on the Christian notion we have something to be thankful for and someone to be thankful to. These first observers of Thanksgiving understood who it was they were to thank. Over and over again, through the early years of the colonies to the most difficult days of our national history, believers and leaders have affirmed and humbled themselves to the providence and protection of God. Those who initiated this national holiday intended it to be a day of thanksgiving and prayer; a day in which all of us could offer thanks to the God of the Universe.
This wonderful historical tour by Professor Thies adds to the beauty of this historical trip down the US of A’s memory lane:
The Story of Squanto… WHY the Pilgrims saw God’s providential hand on their lives, and gave thanks to God for this Providence over the course of mankind. Here, Eric Metaxas talks about some of this history in his Wall Street Journal article (as well as an excellent video by Ben Shapiro):
One should see my stuff on the topics as well:
Happens every Thanksgiving, doesn’t? Some bleeding heart liberal you’re “related to” gets on their moral high Crazy Horse and lectures about how horribly rotten the white man was to the Native Americans. Which is why this year we’re throwing in the tomahawk. Time to scalp the facts about the Indians. Feathers not dots….
(Originally posted in November of 2010)
Description under video:
Let me explain.
- I have heard many people over the years quote St. Augustine to support their understanding of a Church Father supporting old-earth creationism (OEC). But in fact, as Augustine matured in his faith and thought about the competing worldviews (remember, he was a Pagan before being Born Again) he became a solid young earth creationist (YEC). So the quote people choose pre-dates his ending up as a YEC’er. In other words, as he moved further away from his Pagan roots he came closer to God’s clear work. (See my post entitled “Taking Physicist Stephen Barr to Task Over St. Augustine“)
The same applies here, Douglas was newly freed, he fell into being tutored by someone who viewed the Constitution as a “slave document, but after spreading his wings further, reading the Constitution (and the Civil War) — he matured to believe the Constitution was an anti-slavery document. The book pictured and I highly recommend is this: “Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White“.
See as well my page on my site with many resource recommendations on various topics: “U.S. RACIAL HISTORY“
Also see my post, “What Was the Civil War Over?“
Is racism enshrined in the United States Constitution? How could the same Founding Fathers who endorsed the idea that all men are created equal also endorse the idea that some men are not? The answer provided in this video by, Carol Swain, former professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University, may surprise you.
More of David Barton talking about the Constitution and Frederick Douglass:
Because we have Lincoln’s notes he kept, these were ready to go if Abraham Lincoln needed them in one of his many debates with Douglas:STR puts it into terms of the “abortion debate”
You say A. is white, and B. is black. It is color, then; the lighter, having the right to enslave the darker? Take care. By this rule, you are to be slave to the first man you meet, with a fairer skin than your own.
You do not mean color exactly? You mean the whites are intellectually the superiors of the blacks, and, therefore have the right to enslave them? Take care again. By this rule, you are to be slave to the first man you meet, with an intellect superior to your own.
But, say you, it is a question of interest; and, if you can make it your interest, you have the right to enslave another. Very well. And if he can make it his interest, he has the right to enslave you.
The importance of Lincoln’s logic should not be overlooked. Lincoln understood that if you attempt to establish human rights or personhood by appealing to a set of arbitrary, degreed properties such as color and intellect, properties which carry no moral weight or significance and which none of us share equally, then you end up undermining human rights for everyone….
Absolute INSANITY. Statues depicting Murderous Racists stay up… but the Left wants to DESTROY the men that EMANCIPATED the slaves? Stephen Davis has a message for all the Liberals trying to ERASE His History.
- Historical reenactor Marcia Cole is opposed to tearing down Lincoln statue in DC
- She portrays Charlotte Scott, who donated the first $5 for statue in 1865
- Parks service says the statue was solely funded by freed former slaves
- Now, Black Lives Matter protesters vow to tear the statue of Lincoln down
- They say the depiction of the former slave below Lincoln is demeaning
(Via my page: U.S. RACIAL HISTORY)
David Barton 3-Part (Video) Series
Nearly every American knows the phrase “separation of church and state.” Do you know where it’s from? Here’s a hint: it’s not in the Constitution. John Eastman, professor of law at Chapman University, explains how and why this famous phrase has played such an outsized role in American life and law.
An excerpt from a larger paper (the below was originally posted Jul 26, 2015):
- “…we have no government, armed with power, capable of contending with human passions, unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
John Adams, first (1789–1797) Vice President of the United States, and the second (1797–1801) President of the United States. Letter to the Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts, 11 October 1798, in Revolutionary Services and Civil Life of General William Hull (New York, 1848), pp 265-6. (PDF found here)
The Left Rejects Separation of Church and State
(July 7, 2016)
I will post the teasers to Larry Elders film, UNCLE TOM after this Biden “if you don’t vote Democrat then you aren’t ‘authentic black'” moment. This movie can’t get here quick enough:
LEGAL INSURRERECTION hat-tip:
BREITBART has a list of 10 “could be racist offenses” of Bidens, Here are six:
UNCLE TOM TEASERS
An oral history of The American Black Conservative.
A JOE BIDEN BONUS:
Black History [every] Month
Books Worth Reading
- Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White (& DVD), by David Barton
- White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era, by Shelby Steele
- Shame: How America’s Past Sins Have Polarized Our Country, by Shelby Steele
- Civil Rights: Rhetoric or Reality? by Thomas Sowell
- Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed, by Jason L. Riley
- Black Rednecks and White Liberals, by Thomas Sowell
- Intellectuals and Race, by Thomas Sowell
- Race Pimping: The Multi-Trillion Dollar Business of Liberalism, by Kevin Jackson
- What’s Race Got to Do with It? Why It’s Time to Stop the Stupidest Argument in America, by Larry Elder
- The Ten Things You Can’t Say In America, by Larry Elder
- Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America, by Jesse Lee Peterson
- Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation, by Deneen Borelli
- Weapon of A.S.S. Destruction, by Alfonzo Rachel
- Uncle Sam’s Plantation: How Big Government Enslaves America’s Poor and What We Can Do About It, by Star Parker
- It’s OK to Leave the Plantation: The New Underground Railroad, by C. Mason Weaver
- The Myths That Divide Us: How Lies Have Poisoned American Race Relations, by John Perazzo
- Tribalism: The truth between the lies, by C. Mason Weaver
- Bamboozled: How Americans are being Exploited by the Lies of the Liberal Agenda, by Angela McGlowan
- Race & Economics: How Much Can Be Blamed on Discrimination?, By Walter Williams
- The End of Racism: Principles for a Multiracial Society, by Dinesh D’Souza
- Runaway Slave, DVD
- From Rage to Responsibility: Black Conservative Jesse Lee Peterson and America Today, by Jesse Lee Peterson
- A Lot Like Me: A Father and Son’s Journey to Reconciliation, by Larry Elder
- A Personal Odyssey, by Thomas Sowell
- Up from the Projects: An Autobiography, by Walter Williams
David Barton 3-Part (Video) Series
Prior to the 4th, Michael Medved recaps with his “Golden Turkey Award” the insane positions taken by the Left regarding the Betsy Ross flag and our Nation’s Founding.
3 Ignorant Myths About The Betsy Ross Flag, Dispelled (THE FEDERALIST):
WND has a good overview of a BlaveTV appearance of David Barton regarding Thomas Jefferson and slavery:
UPDATE UNDER VIDEOS (JUMP)
Damn the media! Rep. Tlaib didn’t use Jefferson’s Qu’ran. FRONT PAGE MAGAZINE has the story:
This UPDATE [now a lie by the MSM] comes by way of WEASEL ZIPPERS, and it has to do with a new Congresswoman being sworn in on Thomas Jefferson’s Qu’ran. (Click TWEET for link to watch video)
To emphasize the idea that this socialist Muslim is clueless, take note of JIHAD WATCH’S quoting Rashida Tlaib:
What rhymes with clueless? Brainless? ALSO NOTE an older post of mine on a couple of these anti-Semitic Democrats:
Do you understand what the Electoral College is? Or how it works? Or why America uses it to elect its presidents instead of just using a straight popular vote? Author, lawyer and Electoral College expert Tara Ross does, and she explains that to understand the Electoral College is to understand American democracy.
Right now, there’s a well-organized, below-the-radar effort to render the Electoral College effectively useless. It’s called the National Popular Vote, and it would turn our presidential elections into a majority-rule affair. Would this be good or bad? Author, lawyer, and Electoral College expert Tara Ross explains.
You vote, but then what? Discover how your individual vote contributes to the popular vote and your state’s electoral vote in different ways–and see how votes are counted on both state and national levels.
Hillary wants a pure Democracy.
(Video Description) Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black and White: A Primer on African American Political History, by David Barton (Book || CD || DVD) Millions of Americans are now realizing the true history of Political parties within America. Historically, blacks faced discrimination and injustice by progressives and liberals in congress. Today these same liberal democrats and progressives falsely accuse republicans and conservatives of the very racism that Democrats have a history of. No longer can liberals rewrite and revise Black History. Meanwhile Liberal feminist Margaret Sanger sought to exterminate blacks through abortion.
BONUS: The Constitution and the Bible: Natural Law or Social Contract, by Jenna Ellis:
See also a debate between Alan Keyes and Alan Dershowitz, here.