★ If you are a Republican, you need not speak at a university commencement or convocation.
★ If you are a conservative Republican you need not apply for a job, as a waiter or an CEO
Totalitarian thinking is rampant on the left (http://youtu.be/6Hm6Le4pDM8), lesbian author Tammy Bruce wrote about this many years ago in her book, “The New Thought Police: Inside the Left’s Assault on Free Speech and Free Minds.” As the book “The Shadow University: The Betrayal Of Liberty On America’s Campuses” pointed out many years ago, as well as many others.
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn’t a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
- True for You, But Not for Me: Overcoming Objections to Christian Faith
- True Tolerance: Liberalism and the Necessity of Judgment
- Coloring the News: How Political Correctness Has Corrupted American Journalism
- The Intolerance of Tolerance
- The New Tolerance
- Natural Law and Public Reason
- Natural Law, Liberalism, and Morality: Contemporary Essays
- Making Men Moral: Civil Liberties and Public Morality
- Clash Of Orthodoxies: Law Religion & Morality In Crisis
- Natural Law and Natural Rights
- The Death of Right and Wrong: Exposing the Left’s Assault on Our Culture and Values
- The Disuniting of America: Reflections on a Multicultural Society
- Liberalism: Fatal Consequences
- Death by Liberalism: The Fatal Outcome of Well-Meaning Liberal Policies
- At War with the Word
- Political Correctness The Cloning of the American Mind
- Muzzled: From T-Ball to Terrorism-True Stories That Should Be Fiction
- Are You Politically Correct?: Debating America’s Cultural Standards
- Relativism: Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air
- A Refutation of Moral Relativism: Interviews with an Absolutist
- Moral Choices: An Introduction to Ethics
- Moral Apologetics for Contemporary Christians: Pushing Back Against Cultural and Religious Critics
- The Assault: Liberalism’s Attack on Religion, Freedom, and Democracy
- The Liberal Contradiction: How Contemporary Liberalism Violates Its Own Principles and Endangers Its Own Goals
- Give Me a Break: How I Exposed Hucksters, Cheats, and Scam Artists and Became the Scourge of the Liberal Media
The Left has a propensity for totalitarian thinking. Leftist movements throughout the twentieth century are harbingers (http://youtu.be/iQcUkd1w_TY) to the idea that inside every progressive/liberal there is a tyrant waiting to get out. Mao Zedong, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Vladimir Lenin, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh City, Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, etc., these were men not pushing a conservative ideal, but a leftist ideology. A “total” way of thinking.
They just didn’t — overnight — come and take Jews, priests, pastors, gypsies, and the like and kill them in NAZI Germany. [NAZI means: National Socialist (Nationalsozialismus) Party of Germany — again, leftist ideology.] There was years of demonization, firing from jobs, shouting down of rather than dialogue, and the like.
History is a harbinger, who will stand up on the Left and say, “Whoa, enough-is-enough?” Black sports writers cannot dissent from the liberal mantra (http://youtu.be/LKXKccyb2e8), to Democrates changing names of fish [the Asian Carp, which came from Asia] to the “Evasive Carp,” because it is somehow less derogatory.
Democratic Senators on the floor of the Senate calling for the name of the Redskins to be changed (why not Oklahoma? That is Choctaw for “Red-Man”), to saying swastika flags were at T.E.A. Party rallies (http://youtu.be/M58Wewdaurc), to yet others saying opposition to Obama-care is racist (http://tinyurl.com/mmad43o) — or that Obama-care, the term, should be outlawed (https://vimeo.com/20273419).
This is some older commentary by me explaining What Fascism Is:
…a librarian at Ohio University recommended the book, The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised as Freedom, and was voted on by his fellow professors 21-0 [with nine abstentions, so kinda like 30-0] as being a sexual harasser for recommending a conservative book. Sounds somewhat fascist to me.
See blog for Friday, April 14, 2006 (political commentary): TigerHawk – “Shame of Ohio State Univesity”
The political commentators of the same political philosophy, when on campuses are shouted down and threatened with bodily harm (Ann Coulter), when opposing viewpoints are not shouted down on university campuses, and the guests dont need bodyguards (Cindy Sheehan).
See blog (political commentary): Audacious Epigone – “Fascism in Connecticut”
Let us look at what we are told is suppose to be the political landscape if it were to be put into a line graph. Again, the following graph is wrong:
Really this is misleading. For one, it doesn’t allow for anarchy, which is a form of governance (or lack thereof). Also, it places democracy in the center… as if this is what one should strive for, a sort of balance. (The most popular — college level graph — is wrong and misleading as well):
The following graph includes all political models and better shows where the political beliefs lie e.g., left or right is the following (take note, this graph is from a book I do not support nor recommend… but these visual insights are very useful):
In actuality, during WWII, fascism grew out of socialism, showing how close the ties were. I would argue that the New Left that comprises much of the Democratic Party today is fascistic, or, at least, of a closer stripe than any conservative could ever hope to be. I will end with a model comparing the two forms of governance that the two core values (conservatism/classical liberalism versus a socialist democracy) will produce. Before you view the below though, keep in mind that a few years back the ASA (American Socialist Association) on their own web site said that according to the voting record of United States Congressmen and Women, that 58 of them were social democrats. These are the same that put Hitler and Mussolini in power.