(Was just talking about DeSantis tonight) Governor Ron DeSantis speaks with Maria Bartiromo about the actions being taken to strengthen Floridians’ rights to not be mandated to get an injection and the readiness of Florida’s ports to help solve America’s shipping crisis.
- These are actual quotes from pieces I’ve just read. I don’t know why I’ve been ignoring this. Let me say that I’m serious about my respect for frontline workers. I’m confident THEY are NOT the ones calling for us to lose our jobs so they can do theirs. Politicians did that. 2/
- “Tallia says his hospital is ‘managing, but just barely,’ at keeping up with the increased number of sick patients in the last three weeks. The hospital’s urgent-care centers have also been inundated, and its outpatient clinics have no appointments available.” 3/
- “Dr. Bernard Camins, associate professor of infectious diseases at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, says that UAB Hospital cancelled elective surgeries scheduled for Thursday and Friday of last week to make more beds available” 4/
- “We had to treat patients in places where we normally wouldn’t, like in recovery rooms,” says Camins. “The emergency room was very crowded, both with sick patients who needed to be admitted” 5/
- “In CA… several hospitals have set up large ‘surge tents’ outside their emergency departments to accommodate and treat … patients. Even then, the LA Times reported this week, emergency departments had standing-room only, and some patients had to be treated in hallways.” 6/
- “In Fenton, Missouri, SSM Health St. Clare Hospital has opened its emergency overflow wing, as well as all outpatient centers and surgical holding centers, to make more beds available to patients who need them. Nurses are being “pulled from all floors to care for them,” 7/
- “it’s making their pre-existing conditions worse,” she says. “More and more patients are needing mechanical ventilation due to respiratory failure” 8/
- “From Laguna Beach to Long Beach, emergency rooms were struggling to cope with the overwhelming cases… and had gone into ‘diversion mode,’ during which ambulances are sent to other hospitals.” 9/
- “Hospitals across the state are sending away ambulances, flying in nurses from out of state and not letting children visit their loved ones for fear they’ll spread… Others are canceling surgeries and erecting tents in their parking lots to triage the hordes of… patients.” 10/
- “There’s a little bit of a feeling of being in the trenches. We’re really battling these infections to try to get them under control,” McKinnell said. “We’re still not sure if this is going to continue … “ 11/
- “At Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, waiting rooms turned into exam areas as a medical tent was built in order to deal with the surge of patients. A Houston doctor said local hospital beds were at capacity” 12/
- “Dr. Anthony Marinelli says they’ve seen a major spike in… cases. It’s so overwhelmed the community hospital that they’ve gone on bypass at times — that means they tell ambulances to bypass this ER and find another.” 13/
- “Dr. Atallah, the chief of emergency medicine at Grady, says the hospital called on a mobile emergency department based nearly 250 miles away to help tackle the increasing patient demand. “At 500-plus patients a day you physically just need the space to put a patient in. “ 14/
- “We’ve never had so many patients,” said Adrian Cotton, chief of medical operations at Loma Linda University Health in San Bernardino County.” 15/
- “…at least one hospital has set up an outdoor triage tent to handle the overflow of people” “In Long Beach, hospitals have started visitor restrictions. In the South Bay, a conference center has been transformed into an ambulatory clinic.” 16/
- We have signage set up all over the hospital to inform patients that, if they have any family members with even signs of symptoms, not to visit” “Loma Linda emergency physicians are seeing about 60 more patients a day than usual, Cotton said.” 17/
- “About 150 patients have so far been treated in the tent, which is staffed according to the number of people inside. It’s expected to be up [for months].” 18/
- “As the main emergency room gets full, patients are moved to the tent. For example, a patient who comes in with a broken arm is likely to be treated inside the tent, he said. Visitor restrictions have also been implemented.” “The county saw a 300-percent increase” 19/
- “Overflow tents also have emerged in San Diego County hospitals. Though they haven’t pitched tents, most hospitals across Southern California have set up overflow areas inside their facilities.” 20/
- Our workers are incredible and I know they’ve been trained to deal with this. But maybe the lockdown folks are correct. Maybe we opened up too quickly. Maybe we should stay in shutdown mode. I mean nothing like this has ever happened to our hospitals before?!
I recently discussed this flu outbreak on my site’s Facebook page:
What follows is some #FANEWS via the CDC and others regrading Florida.
NATIONAL REVIEW starts us out:
CNS NEWS chimes in with this:
- Today, the CDC basically admitted that the numbers they put up were wrong by quietly adjusting the numbers down. They updated Florida’s new cases to 23,958 for Friday, 21,487 on Saturday, and 19,584 on Sunday. But the numbers still were more than Florida’s numbers. According to the Florida Department of Health, the numbers were 21,500 on Friday, 19,567 on Saturday, and 15,319 on Sunday. The numbers were actually decreasing over the three days. (Via RED STATE)
And there was an excellent article by THE DAILY SIGNAL that goes over four of the medias FLORIDA FOLLIES and EXAGERATIONS (Hat-tip to Shannon H. for this) Here they are:
The article Rush Limbaugh reads from can be found at CAPITALIST MAGAZINE. Some key parts are here:
Marco Rubio, someone pretty level headed, is starting to sound the alarm regarding “electioneering” in Broward County, Florida:
Here are a couple more of Rubio’s Tweets:
Here are the two articles Rubio referenced
- Judge Sides With Florida Gop In Absentee Ballot Dispute With Broward County
- Florida to monitor Broward election chief after judge finds ‘unlawful’ ballot destruction in Wasserman Schultz race
And GATEWAY PUNDIT has a concerned citizen noting the “chain of custody” (or lack thereof) issues in Broward:
Some more info:
Help keep these messages coming! Become a member and unlock all kinds of Common Sense right here: https://www.billwhittle.com/membership
I wanted to wait a bit and allow for some information to trickle out on who this killer was, and why this information is relevant to our current issue of Democrats not allowing for common sense to call a spade-a-spade. So below will be links to a lot of stories that hit a nerve with me with a small excerpt… but first, it should be noted that Jim Hoft, of GATEWAY PUNDIT, has come out of the closet and is now in the pantheon of conservative [Catholic] gay bloggers.
I wish to make a point before going to a relevant [similar] story. Remember the story about the second known American killed while fighting for ISIS in Syria? His name was Abdirahmaan Muhumed, and do you know where he was working before fighting overseas? He worked at Delta Global Services at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. This position allowed him access to the tarmac and unfettered access to planes (JIHAD WATCH). GAY PATRIOT turned me on [watch it!] to a story about Omar Mateen — the Orlando jihadi shooter — and his “day job,” here is the excerpt:
Gotta love that political correctness kicking in, considering he was on the FBI’s radar:
- Mateen traveled to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates — before the FBI interviewed him in 2013
- A former co-worker reported Mateen’s extremism to their employer but no one took action… because Mateen was Muslim
- Last year, the FBI investigated Mateen’s connection to “the first American suicide bomber in Syria”
- Fox report: Mateen was enrolled in online courses from a notorious terrorist recruiter
This is the thing as well, Mateen was friend’s with the first American suicide bomber and went to the same mosque (Ft. Pierce, Florida — DAILY MAIL) as his friend, Moner Mohammad Abusalha. The polidce invited a speaker after the night-club shooting to warn against the “sensationalizing of the story into more than it is (JIHAD WATCH). However, this man who heads the Islamic Society of Central Florida is on VIDEO blaming the U.S. for 9/11 (right). To my ears this is anathema, to many Democrats, they say the same thing (*wagging head*).
Omar Mateen went so far as to brag about his involvement with terror orgs. Which may be why a co-worker reported and complained about him:
When a police officers warning goes unheeded, we have a problem [Houston]. This person goes on to claim that he “quit because everything he [Mateen] said was toxic, and the company wouldn’t do anything (THE BLAZE) — “He always talked of killing people” (DAILY MAIL). Mateen’s classmates said he praised Allah after 9/11 — um, it seems like his whole life is a red flag? (YOUNG CONSERVATIVES)
And his dad, Seddique Mateen, is a GIANT RED-FLAG! Even CBS said this: “The Orlando gay club gunman’s father has well-known anti-American views and is an ideological supporter of the Afghan Taliban.”
Besides supporting the Taliban, he even ran for Afghanistan’s presidential bid (HEAVY). In addition, Got News.Com has discovered the sister of Omar Mateen, Miriam Seddique, purchased Omar’s house for $100 in April via a “quit claim deed.” Obviously the family knew something was up.
Now we come around to who the left blames for all this. MSNBC’s law enforcement expert said it could be white supremacist groups. CNN’s Sally Kohn took the opportunity to demonize Christians. The gay left magazine The Advocate “quotes ACLU lawyer Chase Strangio, who blames Christians for the Islamist attack along with several other left-wing politicians and then echoes the left’s call for outlawing the civilian ownership of firearms” (GAY PATRIOT). Canadian “journalist” Doug Sanders said that “yesterday’s violence showed us how shockingly similar the philosophies of jihadism and US Republicanism have become” (GAY PATRIOT). The New York Daily News on their full-paged front cover story blames the NRA (MOONBATTERY). Meanwhile, sane Republican gay groups are begging for the President and his administration to use the term, RADICAL ISLAM! ~ That Would Be Swell ~ On cue the New York Times op-ed as well blames the NRA (TWITCHY). Obama essentially blamed us for the problem (NEW YORK POST). And even preacher’s are blamed for Omar’s jihadi attack (GAY PATRIOT).
- All that is why I must note that the shooter was a registered DEMOCRAT! (AMERICAN THINKER).
His father was a fan of Obama as well. And now the retarded Democrat law makers come out and mislabel the gun and the attributes of the gun. In fact, one conservative journalist is offering $50,000 to Democrat Representative Alan Grayson’s asinine statement… video:
My son and I were talking about the logistics of this. A shooter that could pull this off would have to be legendary. There would have to be a wheel-barrel full of magazines, and a person to hand off full magazines to the shooter who would have to change them out quickly. Carbon build-up would most likely jam the striker, the shooters finger would tire from pulling the trigger so many times. We were laughing about all the scenarios available to a father and son, but the idea Grayson puts forward is not funny as it serves the left to try to put forward gun-control.
What a crazy world, thanks to the obfuscation of facts and common sense by Democrats covering for radical terrorism. Obama got it WOEFULLY WRONG when he said this in his speech in response to this radical Islamic jihadi attack:
There was no assault weapon used in this attack. Sorry Charlie.
Here are three funny videos I came across this week that deal with “over-confidence” leading to a major fail in some manner.
More on this third video from The Washington Examiner:
…She must not have been paying close attention.
Three days earlier, Tony D’Aleo, the chapter president of Vietnam Veterans of America in Brown’s hometown of Jacksonville, told local Fox station WAWS that “we have members in our chapter that have been three and four years waiting for a claim. They’re going to die. They’re honestly going to die.”
Brown also represents Gainesville, where earlier this month three VA administrators were placed on leave following the discovery of a secret mental health waiting list similar to those found at other VA facilities across the nation. Thomas Wisnieski, director of the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System, says the list was not “secret” per se, but that he did not know about it until investigators unearthed it during a hospital visit.
In other parts of the state, complaints are pouring in. Thomas Fiore, who works for the VA police department in South Florida, blew the whistle on clinics in Miami. Fiore alleges malfeasance ranging from drug dealing on hospital property — “anything from your standard prescription drugs like OxyContin, Vicodin, Percocet, and of course marijuana, cocaine, heroin” — to patient abuse in VA nursing homes.
Fiore was instructed to stop investigating these claims by hospital administrators. He was later reassigned from the VA police department to a clerical position….
OR how about this zinger of an over-confident statement applied to someone else by our State Department spokeswoman, Jen Psak, via Gateway Pundit:
Reporters today mocked and laughed at State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki when she tried to push that Barack Obama “did not give himself enough credit” for his disastrous foreign policy.
One reporter laughs and asks,
“Russia still has annexed Crimea. Iran, there’s ongoing negotiations. Is that the success you’re talking about?”
Some more laughs at the expense of other peoples fails:
See PREVIOUS post:
This comes via Creeping Sharia:
On Florida’s Atlantic Coast, some 200 or more local parents and activists have announced plans to show up at Tuesday’s Volusia County school board meeting to protest the public school use of a world history textbook that devotes a whole chapter to Islam but exactly zero chapters to any other religions.
The textbook, called simply “World History,” contains a 32-page chapter fondly devoted to “Muslim Civilizations.” Sections include descriptions of the Koran, the growth of the Muslim empire and the Five Pillars of Islam.
The planned protest will include a demand that students rip out the 32 pages of the Islam chapter unless the school district agrees to provide students with a similar amount of officially-sanctioned material concerning other religions, reports local ABC affiliate WFTV.
The seeds for the Wednesday protest were reportedly planted after an unidentified local mother started a Facebook page demanding that local, taxpayer-funded schools stop using the textbook.
The district indicated that it will continue to use the controversial book.
School district officials in Volusia County insist that there’s no problem because other religions come up as a matter of course in the book. Thus, the argument goes, there’s no need to have a single chapter dedicated to, say, the Gospels or the Pentateuch—or, for that matter, Hindu or Buddhist religious traditions.
“Christianity and Judaism is [sic] spread throughout the book,” a school district spokeswoman told WFTV.
The book’s supporters also argue that students know about Christianity but need to learn more about Islam because of its crucial importance in international affairs.
On Monday, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) issued a statement criticizing the protesters.
“This group is displaying an alarming level of intolerance and brazen disregard of minority religions here in the US. We find their actions Un-American and against every core principal that makes this country so great,” CAIR said.
Critics of the textbook include District 2 Deltona commissioner Webster Barnaby, who told WFTV that he is only seeking equal time for other religions, specifically Christianity.
“The problem is: there needs to be balance. In America today, Christianity is being relegated to the trash heap,” Barnaby told the station.
“Why relegate Christianity to a footnote in an entire history book, and you give an entire chapter on the teachings of Islam?” he added.
“To suggest that everybody knows about Christianity, that is total ignorance,” Barnaby also said.
The “World History” textbook is one of three textbooks covering similar material that meet Florida’s criteria for adoption by the state’s public schools.
As a school district spokeswoman noted, one reason school districts select this book is because it covers information required under Florida’s Next Generation Sunshine State Standards—the state’s version of the Common Core.
Why do media outlets continue to reach out for comments from the same terror-linked infiltrators who helped get Islam in and other religions out of U.S. textbooks?
Gateway Pundit posts this:
FOX News reported:
A 25-year-old man described as an Islamic extremist was arrested in an alleged plot to attack crowded areas in the Tampa, Fla., area with a car bomb, assault rifle and other explosives, authorities said Monday.
The U.S. Department of Justice said Sami Osmakac, a naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in the former Yugoslavia, was arrested Saturday night.