Video mentioned in the above video: Grim Reaper Lawyer Did An Oopsie!
Here is an example of the outcome of the voting patterns by such nonsense. Here Larry tells his story of a very recent conversation at a restaurant:
As Armstrong and Getty said in this audio, this is a perfect example of how you get stats to lie for your position. Armstrong and Getty discuss the stats Governor Newsome decided to use in California’s “state of the state” speech.
In a letter to the editor to an article in the PANAMA CITY NEWS HERALD, we see a response to this:
I was going to use an AIER article as an excerpt, however, I am waiting for clarification of the elderly percentages in Florida from it’s author. I believe John Miller’s “letter to the editor” got closer to the real numbers. This graph I believe shows a better % than the AIER article….
…. that being said, the following article zeroes in better — here the NEW YORK POST also discusses the issue well:
Stats are good, when used properly.
MOST IMPORTANAT? – FUNDING:
My short note to Mr. Elder (can’t wait to call him governor Elder):
- A couple things. You have to promise to do your own press conferences, when you cannot, get Kayleigh McEnany to fill in. lol. And second, you will make a fine governor. I have never stood on a corner with a large sign for anyone before, getting people to honk… but I will be that guy! QUESTION, will this get you to pull the trigger? You want California to have a First Lady, or First Girlfriend? Hmmm?
SOME EARLY STORIES:
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) — The owner of a Sherman Oaks restaurant expressed her anger and frustration over Los Angeles County’s outdoor dining ban in a gut-wrenching video.
Angela Marsden, the owner of Pineapple Hill Saloon and Grill, posted a video on social media after she saw production tents and tables set up in a parking lot just a few feet from the outdoor dining area she’s not allowed to use.
People involved in the television production were seen dining under the tents.
“Everything I own is being taken away from me and they set up a movie company right next to my outdoor patio,” Marsden says in the video.
The massive, deadly wildfires in America’s West are caused by climate change,” smirks California governor Gavin Newsom. In reality, bad forest management and excessive regulation are bigger causes.
(Hat-tip, Danny W.) New details are emerging that appear to indicate California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s new $3.7 million mansion was gifted to him under highly questionable circumstances. One America’s Pearson Sharp has more on the deal that legal experts say could amount to money laundering.
Here are some bullet points that start out a detailed article via RED STATE:
- Gavin Newsom’s $3.7 million, 12,000 square foot mansion, on 8+ acres along the American River in Sacramento, was the area’s most expensive home sale in 2018
- The gated estate consists of a 6 bedroom/10 bath home, a guest house, a pool, a tennis court, and a wine cave
- An LLC registered to Newsom’s cousin, long-time business partner, and Co-President of PlumpJack, Jeremy Scherer, paid cash for the estate in December 2018
- Newsom’s spox, though, claimed in Jan 2019 that it was Newsom who’d paid cash for the home – puzzling, since Newsom still carried a $3.2 million mortgage on his prior home
- In Oct 2019 the LLC gifted the home to the Newsoms free and clear, claiming Newsom was a member of the LLC to avoid a $4,000 Transfer Tax
- In January 2020 the Newsoms received $2.7 million tax-free when they obtained a cash-out refinance
- Newsom’s financial disclosure forms don’t mention the LLC or the gifts, which far exceed the $500 limit
- In 2003, Newsom was cited for failing to disclose $11 million in real estate and business loans
Chuck DeVore is interviewed by Larry Elder on these (and more) topics regarding California’s regulatory arm and environmental groups and the affect they have on forest health, power grids, and the rising cost for the poor. The conversation is based in large part on these two articles:
- It’s Not Climate Change To Blame For California’s Fires And Blackouts. It’s Democrats: Thanks to Democrats, California’s large and heavily regulated public utilities prioritize wind and solar power, leaving little for powerline maintenance and upgrades.
- California’s Climate Extremism: The pursuit of environmental purity in the Golden State does nothing to reverse global warming—but it’s costing the poor and middle class dearly.
In the above two article (and the ones to follow) are detailed failures of our state legislature (a super majority in both houses are Democrats) to bring California into the 21st century.
These policies of pushing alternative energy goals retards the power grid, and hurts the poor the most where it counts — the pocket book:
- California’s Green Energy Dreams turn into its Power Outage Nightmare
- Germany Shows How Shifting To Renewable Energy Can Backfire
These are important topics that SHOULD be looked into by Californians. However, the urge to FEEL “angelic” (on the side of angels) far outweighs the reality of the road we are paving. Here is the “CS LEWIS” of politics from a related post: “Deadly Altruism Marks the Left ~ Illiberal Egalitarianism and the NYFD“
More from the CALIFORNIA POLICY CENTER:
Michael Medved’s discussion of history as it relates to our law enforcement traditions and the Left’s lack of knowledge regarding our Anglo-American history… which they enjoy.
- “I want to thank every sheriff in America. Since our founding, the independently elected sheriff has been the people’s protector, who keeps law enforcement close to and accountable to people through the elected process,” Sessions said in remarks at the National Sheriffs Association winter meeting, adding, “The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement.” – Jeff Sessions
MOONBATTERY notes Senator Schatz’s (like in “I shat” my pants?) offense taken and explains in written word what Medved does in spoken word:
Communal Defense. You mean these Leftist Democrats are against a “communal” organization? How did a community organizer win the Presidency twice then? What about this:
- We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
Is that racist? We already have a community guardian, a sheriff. Is calling for another one assuming Anglo-American traditions a dog whistle?
BTW, as an aside… someone at my LIVE LEAK posting of Medved’s audio noted the following: “Why is it ok to say African American, but now it’s taboo to say Anglo American?” Indeed.
Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom explains how California Governor Jerry Brown is lying about proposition 30. John and Ken show, via Newsom, that Californians will get both a tax increase AS WELL AS tuition hikes.