Later in the show he also reads from this post via THE CONSERVATIVE TREE HOUSE titled:
Don’t forget this:
- A felon in Torrance, California was found by police sleeping in his car in a convenience store parking lot along with guns, drugs, and 300 mail-in ballots for the Sept. 14 California recall election of Governor Gavin Newsome. (VISION TIMES)
- Ilhan Omar connected Ballot Harvester in cash-for-ballots scheme: “Car is full” of absentee ballots (PROJECT VERITAS)
Republicans in the San Fernando Valley are being told that they have already voted.
The WASHINGTON EXAMINER has more:
California gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder tells voters why he should replace Gavin Newsom as governor.
Here is the FULL Rose McGowan statement and Larry Elder presser.
- Yesterday, Rose McGowan alleged that Gov. Gavin Newsom’s (D-CA) wife tried to suppress her claims against Harvey Weinstein, and endorsed Larry Elder.
THE FIVE (update)
Democrats, the media ignore attack on the California gubernatorial candidate; ‘The Five’ reacts
“If a white woman wearing a monkey mask threw an egg at a black democratic candidate, there would be wall to wall coverage,” Owens said. “This might actually constitute as a hate crime in Los Angeles.” — POST MILLENNIAL
MOST IMPORTANAT? – FUNDING:
My short note to Mr. Elder (can’t wait to call him governor Elder):
- A couple things. You have to promise to do your own press conferences, when you cannot, get Kayleigh McEnany to fill in. lol. And second, you will make a fine governor. I have never stood on a corner with a large sign for anyone before, getting people to honk… but I will be that guy! QUESTION, will this get you to pull the trigger? You want California to have a First Lady, or First Girlfriend? Hmmm?
SOME EARLY STORIES:
Larry Elder updates an earlier story about the Manhattan Beach Mayor possibly giving back land acquired through eminent domain from a black family 97 years ago. Here is a story on the matter:
Here is the “Letter to the Editor” Larry reads from:
Many Californians wondered if a black or Hispanic politician would replace Kamala Harris in the U.S. Senate. After California Secretary of State Alex Padilla was chosen, Larry Elder looked into the effect of progressive minority leadership in California on things like education in the state. Does it actually make a difference? Unfortunately, California schools are failing students, even though research shows districts spend more money on poor and minority students than other children. Meanwhile, progressive politicians are still adamantly opposed to school choice.
- QUESTION: does the above get better or worse with the school shutdown? (One Answer) If more people start homeschooling… better. — me
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) — The owner of a Sherman Oaks restaurant expressed her anger and frustration over Los Angeles County’s outdoor dining ban in a gut-wrenching video.
Angela Marsden, the owner of Pineapple Hill Saloon and Grill, posted a video on social media after she saw production tents and tables set up in a parking lot just a few feet from the outdoor dining area she’s not allowed to use.
People involved in the television production were seen dining under the tents.
“Everything I own is being taken away from me and they set up a movie company right next to my outdoor patio,” Marsden says in the video.
We’re supposed to be the United States of America. But in many ways, we’re now divided into two very different nations: red states and blue states. Which ones are succeeding? Which ones are failing? And why? To answer these questions, economist Stephen Moore compares them side-by-side.
Why are millions of people leaving California and moving to other states? What do those states have that California doesn’t? PragerU’s first mini-documentary explores the root causes of this mass exodus from the Golden State. “Fleeing California,” featuring PragerU’s own Will Witt, sheds light on one of the most significant but underreported stories of our time.
Dave Rubin of The Rubin Report talks to Bryan Callen (Actor, Comedian, Podcaster) about Americans desire for Socialism, the ignoring of black conservatives who don’t think what they’re supposed to and if leaving California is what all Los Angeles residents should consider. Bryan talks about whether leaving California or staying and fighting is the best option. Under the leadership of people like Governor Gavin Newsom and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti he has seen the homeless encampments near his home in Venice grow year after year while the state income tax goes higher and higher. Is fleeing California and their high taxes to move to Texas or Florida the only option left to escape California’s inevitable financial crisis from it’s wasteful spending, and endless chants of “tax the rich”? (FULL INTERVIEW HERE)
It used to be the California Dream. Now, it’s the California nightmare. That was basic.
In case you haven’t heard, a TON of people are fleeing California. You can’t blame them. We’ll get into all the reasons why later, but the overall theme here is – California kinda sucks now.
A total of 691,321 people moved from California to another state last year. That’s more than the whole state of Wyoming – every single year!
And that was more than the previous year. It’s like a damn breaking and all the California people are spilling out all over the place.
Sure, there are a lot of people moving here, too. About a half million people decided to move to California last year, for whatever reason I don’t know. Maybe cause it’s warmer? Or for a job maybe.
Anyways, the negative migration was the 9th year in a row for California. There are only a handful of other states that can claim that.
(You can find more on my YouTube about California’s woes) California is the one of the most beautiful states in the union, however, its high taxes, excessive regulations on business, high cost of living, and out of control housing market has forced much of the middle class to move to other states. We show the stats of why people are leaving in droves out of CA and show where they are going through in this documentary of The Golden State.
A followup video to our “Leaving California,” above.
BONUS: The Salton Sea
What happened to the Salton Sea in California? In my first travel documentary about this strange yet fascinating place in California’s Imperial Valley, I explore the sea and surrounding communities of Bombay Beach, Slab City, East Jesus, and Salton City. The area was also the inspiration for the fictional desert town of Sandy Shores which appears in the popular video game Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. In the game, Trevor Philips acquires a small landing strip in the area which may be in reference to the Salton City airport. I encourage you to read more about the lake’s history and the current ecological crisis it has become. You can find an interesting article written by Ian James and Sammy Roth on USA Today here: THE DYING SALTON SEA
(2018) California’s leaders are promoting the idea that the state’s in a “new normal” of more extreme wildfire, but fire scientists say it doesn’t have to stay that way, even in the face of a climate that’s getting warmer.
I posted previously on related topics for the interested:
- Are the Cal Fires Driven by Climate Change and Capitalism?
- Another Year Of Aussie Fire Nonsense
- Amazon Fires (Climate Depot)
(This is mainly a government issue – federal and state) John and Ken interview Congressman Tom McClintock (4th District of California) discussing the issue of forest mismanagement, and how since the 1980’s 80% less logging has been allowed.
Some good articles are these:
- How Misguided Environmentalism Is To Blame For California’s Wildfires (THE FEDERALIST, 2018)
- California Has Always Had Fires, Environmental Alarmism Makes Them Worse Than Necessary (FORBES, 2020)
- Wildfires Caused By Bad Environmental Policy Are Causing California Forests To Be Net CO2 Emitters (FORBES, 2019)
- The Same Old, Same Old California Suicide (NATIONAL REVIEW, 2020)
- California’s Disastrous Forest Mismanagement (NATIONAL REVIEW, 2020)
- Western Wildfires Are Due to Arson and Stupidity, Not Climate Change (AMERICAN THINKER, 2020)
The following video is done by John Kobylt of the The John and Ken Show 640AM-KFI: “This is appalling. And not nearly enough people have been given this information.”
Corrupt politics overriding California wildfire prevention efforts, Republican John Cox says (SEE AT FOX NEWS)
(Hat-tip, Danny W.) New details are emerging that appear to indicate California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s new $3.7 million mansion was gifted to him under highly questionable circumstances. One America’s Pearson Sharp has more on the deal that legal experts say could amount to money laundering.
Here are some bullet points that start out a detailed article via RED STATE:
- Gavin Newsom’s $3.7 million, 12,000 square foot mansion, on 8+ acres along the American River in Sacramento, was the area’s most expensive home sale in 2018
- The gated estate consists of a 6 bedroom/10 bath home, a guest house, a pool, a tennis court, and a wine cave
- An LLC registered to Newsom’s cousin, long-time business partner, and Co-President of PlumpJack, Jeremy Scherer, paid cash for the estate in December 2018
- Newsom’s spox, though, claimed in Jan 2019 that it was Newsom who’d paid cash for the home – puzzling, since Newsom still carried a $3.2 million mortgage on his prior home
- In Oct 2019 the LLC gifted the home to the Newsoms free and clear, claiming Newsom was a member of the LLC to avoid a $4,000 Transfer Tax
- In January 2020 the Newsoms received $2.7 million tax-free when they obtained a cash-out refinance
- Newsom’s financial disclosure forms don’t mention the LLC or the gifts, which far exceed the $500 limit
- In 2003, Newsom was cited for failing to disclose $11 million in real estate and business loans