If you truly want to save the planet from global warming, there’s one energy source that can do it. It’s not wind or solar. It’s not coal, oil or natural gas, either. So what is it? Michael Shellenberger, founder of Environmental Progress, has the answer in this important video. (I highly recommend watching PANDORA’S PROMISE)
Chuck DeVore is interviewed by Larry Elder on these (and more) topics regarding California’s regulatory arm and environmental groups and the affect they have on forest health, power grids, and the rising cost for the poor. The conversation is based in large part on these two articles:
- It’s Not Climate Change To Blame For California’s Fires And Blackouts. It’s Democrats: Thanks to Democrats, California’s large and heavily regulated public utilities prioritize wind and solar power, leaving little for powerline maintenance and upgrades.
- California’s Climate Extremism: The pursuit of environmental purity in the Golden State does nothing to reverse global warming—but it’s costing the poor and middle class dearly.
In the above two article (and the ones to follow) are detailed failures of our state legislature (a super majority in both houses are Democrats) to bring California into the 21st century.
These policies of pushing alternative energy goals retards the power grid, and hurts the poor the most where it counts — the pocket book:
- California’s Green Energy Dreams turn into its Power Outage Nightmare
- Germany Shows How Shifting To Renewable Energy Can Backfire
These are important topics that SHOULD be looked into by Californians. However, the urge to FEEL “angelic” (on the side of angels) far outweighs the reality of the road we are paving. Here is the “CS LEWIS” of politics from a related post: “Deadly Altruism Marks the Left ~ Illiberal Egalitarianism and the NYFD“
GATEWAY PUNDIT noted: …CNN hosted a seven-hour climate hysteria event on Wednesday and Democrats went hog wild. By the end, they’d called for bans on plastic straws, red meat (especially cheeseburgers), incandescent lightbulbs, gas-powered cars, airplanes. They also want an end to fossil fuels, oil drilling, fracking, natural gas exploration and coal plants, along with nuclear energy.
Adapted a bit from LOUDER with CROWDER:
Almost all the candidates want to stop oil, gas, and coal selling/production. Gas powered cars will be a thing of the past — almost immediately — if they get their way.
DAILY CALLER video
I updated a post showing the impossibility of Trump being a “Russian Asset” as the MSM and Democrats said for almost 3-years. Here is the updated portion:
See some more articles:
- PJ-MEDIA: The Morning Briefing: CNN Is the GOP’s New Best Friend
- LEGAL INSURRECTION: CNN’s 7-Hour ‘Climate Change’ Town Hall was a man-made disaster for Democrat presidential candidates
- HOTAIR: CNN’s Seven-Hour Climate Change Townhall: Last In The Ratings, Of Course
- HOTAIR: Harris Fibs: I Sued ExxonMobil Over Climate Change, You Know
- NEWSBUSTERS: Circus: Five CNN Hosts Spend Six Hours Blaming Climate Change for Hurricane Dorian
- RIGHT SCOOP: [VIDEO] Pete Buttigieg: If you eat hamburgers and use straws you are part of the PROBLEM
- RIGHT SCOOP: The ratings are in for CNN’s marathon on Climate Change and it’s not good…
To make earth cleaner, greener and safer, which energy sources should humanity rely on? Alex Epstein of the Center for Industrial Progress explains how modern societies have cleaned up our water, air and streets using the very energy sources you may not have expected–oil, coal and natural gas.
From the September 23, 1976 Presidential debate between Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter. (H/T Gay Patriot)
- “We’ve got about 35 years worth of oil left in the whole world.” – Jimmy Carter in a 1976 presidential debate.
- Is “green” energy, particularly wind and solar energy, the solution to our climate and energy problems? Or should we be relying on things like natural gas, nuclear energy, and even coal for our energy needs and environmental obligations? Alex Epstein of the Center for Industrial Progress explains.