HOT AIR has this recent story from the NYC:
(Should start at the interview if “play” is pressed.) Talking all things media malpractice on the YouTube headquarters shooter, Detroit zoo poo, Japanese pregnancy forgiveness, and more. Dr Thomas Sowell stops in to talk economics and Owen Benjamin swings by to discuss his new YouTube strike and Twitter ban!
By the way, for any squishy Leftists reading this…. the “love” Larry Elder mentions is not the emotional kind (like when someone has “puppy love”). This is the deeper issue of the media and it’s bias guiding American thought. From winning pulitzer prizes for hiding 5-million deaths by starvation in a single year by the USSR, from leading Democrats personally asking the Kremlin for help in defeating Reagan, to bar code reader lies being used to make Republican’s look dumb to negative comments on the economy when a Republican is in office to when a Democrat takes over and the economy doesn’t change one iota but the press calls it wonderful. Or when PBS does a “truthful” hard hitting documentary on bill Clinton and LIES about the economy involved… this is the “love” Larry Elder tweeted on:
Roughly half of the United States’ workforce depends on small businesses thriving. But high taxes and intrusive government regulations hurt these businesses and their workers. How would tax cuts for these small businesses benefit the U.S. economy and help just about everyone?
I feel like I shouldn’t have to upload this ECON 101 type stuff, however, many may not realize this fact… ESPECIALLY if they went to college. I clip Dennis Prager noting this truth and then add a classic from Milton Friedman (longer video is HERE). See as well Congressman Bill Posey make the same point on the House floor.
See Also: “Why Capitalism Works“
Capitalism, the exchange of markets did this:
- Since Deng Xiaoping began instituting market reforms in the late 1970s, China has been among the most rapidly growing economies in the world, regularly exceeding 10 percent GDP growth annually. This growth has led to a substantial increase in real living standards and a marked decline in poverty. Between 1981 and 2008, the proportion of China’s population living on less than $1.25/day is estimated to have fallen from 85% to 13.1%, meaning that roughly 600 million people were taken out of poverty.
Wealth and Wealth Creation IS NOT a zero sum game!
Do you use an iPhone? Watch Netflix? Listen to Spotify? Then you love capitalism and can’t stand big government. How do we know? Jared Meyer of the Foundation for Government Accountability explains.
I was listening to Larry Elder interview Lee Ohanian, who is professor of economics, University of California, Los Angeles. During the conversation Larry asked the professor about the Card Krueger study, and he mentioned the book that I excerpt below.
- David Neumark and William L. Wascher, Minimum Wages (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2008), 71-77.
Did you know that since 1970, the percentage of humanity living in extreme poverty has fallen 80 percent? How did that happen? Arthur Brooks, president of the American Enterprise Institute, explains.
(Rearranged for homogeneous play) This is originally from Southwest Business Association: “Small business owners share their story and how a Minneapolis specific minimum wage will impact their business.” (Learn more at their website)
I find it sad that Leftists HATE big-business and the corporate models of doing business… yet they are all for getting rid of the small business owner by pricing them out of the market. Much to the GLEE of corporations.
Here are the three business highlighted in the video:
- Alaina Nelson – co-owner of Nicollet Ace Hardware (FACEBOOK)
- Jane Elias – Owner of Simply Jane Art Studio (WWW)
- Heather Bray – co-owner of The Lowbrow Burgers and Beer (WWW)
SEE MY: Economics 101 | Minimum Wage
Just to note though, as many of the comments to follow from my YouTube and LiveLeak also note… these are the same people running around screaming for “free college,” more welfare benefits, etc. They only speak up with economic common sense when THEIR bottom line is hit.
- I’m sorry to say, but it serves you right… and I have no sympathy for you. These people who are proud Bernie supporters and die-hard “progressives” staunchly support these horrific agendas as long as it’s someone else who has to foot the bill.
- The left is so f’ing stingy with their minimum wage anyway. Why not $50 a hour?
- So basically they support Bernie and his socialist ideas, except for when they personally need to chip in. Tells you everything you need to know about the character of these a$%holes.
- f&*k these twats, if it didn’t effect them they’d be out on the streets screaming for $15 an hour.
- Libtards are economically illiterate people, and the only way to make them understand how idiotic their policies are is to hit them in the pocketbook. Unfortunately most of them own nothing of value and spend most of their time hating and envying people who are better off than them, so it’s not an easy battle.
- Liberals only understand economics when it bites them in the ass personally.
- Self hating Leftist…
- funny how they wake up the minute it is not OTHER peoples money!
- Sad that they’re speaking the truth, and yet nobody would believe them unless they identified themselves as far left. Because hey, if a conservative said the exact same thing, it MUST be a lie!
- Hard to believe lefties get basic economics.
- I want to ask these people why it’s okay for them to not pay 15 dollars an hour but say corporations are greedy for not wanting to pay 15 dollars an hour.
Click to Enlarge
(This is with thanks to GAY PATRIOT and the graph from ZERO HEDGE) Here is GAY PATRIOT’S summary: Fed pumping gobs of money into Wall Street? Market drifts upward. Fed stops pumping? Market doesn’t. The so-called “confidence” is drug-induced.
Credit Writedowns touches on this a bit:
Above video description:
When Ben Bernanke announced that the Federal Reserve’s Open Market Committee was going to continue its monetary expansion program it calls Quantitative Easing, almost everyone in the financial media was taken by complete surprise. According to the mainstream media, the non-taper “surprised almost everyone out there.” Well it did not surprise me, nor anyone who had been paying attention to what I had been saying. As I said repeatedly over the past several months, the Fed knows that the appearance of economic health would evaporate if its stimulus were withdrawn, or even diminished. The Fed understands, as the market seems not to, that the current “recovery” could not survive without the continuation of massive monetary stimulus. In fact, the Fed’s next big move will likely be to increase, rather than taper, its monthly QE dosage! One reporter on this video said that its time for the Fed to take the training wheels off the economy. As I have been saying for years, QE is not the training wheels, its the only wheels the economy has. Take it away and the economy stalls. However, as the economy is now headed toward a cliff, taking the wheels off is much better than leaving them on and going over that cliff.
For more on how I knew the Fed wouldn’t taper, here’s an op-ed I released after the decision was announced.
Listen to The Peter Schiff Show
Live Weekdays 10am to noon ET on http://www.SchiffRadio.com
- ….Until recently, the US had a coalition of allies at the G-20 to stand firm against the manipulation of the yuan. However, much to Barack Obama’s shock, they’re not as interested in scolding China for manipulating its currency while the Obama administration has done the same with its second round of “quantitative easing”….
“One of the great non sequiturs of the left is that, if the free market doesn’t work perfectly, then it doesn’t work at all-and the government should step in.” — Thomas Sowell
No really! The Russian jeep carrying the ashes of the late Cuban leader
Fidel Castro broke down and had to be pushed for a period on Saturday.
- 3-Questions Liberals Never Ask (EXTENDED VIDEO)
- 10 Myths About Government Debt
- America’s Debt Crisis Explained (Video)
- Are Regulations Causing Pain at the Pump? (PragerU)
- Concepts: “What Does ‘Free’ Mean?” (Smaller Government)
- California Has Debt, Not Surplus
- California’s Unfunded Liabilities
- Can the Government Run the Economy? (PragerU)
- Capitalism Works (See Video)
- Corporations Pay ZERO% In Taxes
- Crony Capitalism ~ What Is It
- Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share? (PragerU)
- Does the Minimum Wage Prevent Poverty? (PragerU)
- Free Enterprise Is About Morals, Not Materialism
- Food Stamp Mantra[s] from Democrats Rebutted
- Game of Loans (PragerU)
- Gender-Gaps, The Peace Index, and Happiest Countries
- Gender Wage-Gap Myths
- Gender Wage-Gap Debunked ~ yet again (PragerU)
- Greedy Rich Stuff Mattresses with Their Money
- Hayek vs. Keynes
- Housing Crisis of 2008 Revisited
- How Regulations Hurt Small Businesses (PragerU)
- How This Government Agency Hurts Us All (PragerU)
- How to Solve America’s Spending Problem (PragerU)
- I Pencil ~ The Invisible Hand
- Income Inequality is Good (PragerU)
- Is Capitalism Moral? (PragerU)
- Is the Unemployment Rate Lying to You? (PragerU)
- Is America’s Tax System Fair? (PragerU)
- Lemonade Stand Economics (PragerU)
- Lower Taxes, Higher Revenue – Laffer Curve (PragerU)
- Military Spending ~ We Spend More On It Than Education and Health
- Milton Freidman on the Phil Donahue Show – “Greed” (VIDEO)
- Money in Politics (PragerU)
- Myths, Lies and Capitalism (PragerU)
- Poverty Causes Terrorism?
- Price Gouging During Emergencies | Are There Benefits?
- Private Sector vs. Public Sector (PragerU)
- Profits Are Progressive (PragerU)
- Quantitative Easing (Inflation)
- Rich and Greedy Republicans Influencing Politics
- Rich Get Poorer ~and~ Poor Get Richer (+More Mantras Destroyed)
- [Evil] Rich HIDE Their Money
- TAX THE RICH! (Plus: CEO Pay vs. Worker Pay)
- Taxes Are Killing Small Businesses (PragerU)
- The Bigger the Government… (PragerU)
- The Case for a Flat Tax (PragerU)
- The Democratic Party Are Run By Old, Rich, White (Obstructionist) Men
- The General Welfare | Righting Constitutional Misconceptions
- The Progressive Income Tax: A Tale of Three Brothers (PragerU)
- The Promise of Free Enterprise (PragerU)
- The War on Work (PragerU)
- There Is Only One Way Out of Poverty (PragerU)
- Trickle Down Economics Myth
- Tuition Costs ~ “Game of Loans”
- Wealth Inequality in America ~ Critiques On Inequality
- What Creates Wealth? (PragerU)
- What’s Killing the American Dream? (PragerU)
- Which Is More Dangerous: Big-Business or Big-Government? (Video)
- White House Use Beer Drinking Story To Explain Tax Cuts (Video: White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders)
- Why Is America So Rich? (PragerU)
- Why Are Americans Working Fewer Hours? (PragerU)
- Why Are Your Payroll Taxes So High? (PragerU)
- Why Do American Companies Leave America? (PragerU)
- Why is College So Expensive? (PragerU)
- Why Is Healthcare So Expensive? (PragerU)
- Why You Love Capitalism (PragerU)
- Working Overtime or Working Less? (PragerU)
- Zero Sum Myth
- America’s Socialist Origins (PragerU)
- Democratic Socialism’s Failure – Some Examples (Video)
- Democratic Socialism is Still Socialism (PragerU)
- How’s Socialism Doing in Venezuela? (PragerU)
- How Socialism Ruined My Country (PragerU)
- Immigrants! Don’t Vote for What You Fled (PragerU)
- Jamie Foxx | Plus: Caller From Caracas, Venezuela (Audio)
- John Stossel vs. Noam Chomsky on Venezuela (Video)
- Larry Elder – Bernie Sanders’s Socialist Paradise (Audio)
- Milton Friedman – Why Socialism doesn’t work (Audio)
- Questions To Ask a Socialist – Charlie Kirk Crushes Socialism (Video)
- Scandinavian Socialism
- Scandinavian Socialism Works #BecauseNorthAmerica (Audio)
- Should Government Bail Out Big Banks? (PragerU)
- Socialism Defined (Professor DiLorenzo)
- Socialism’s Failure (Professor DiLorenzo)
- Socialism Makes People Selfish (PragerU)
- The Venezuela Diet! (Video)
- Viva La Venezuela! (Video)
- What’s Wrong with Socialism? (Prager University Videos)
- Who Is Karl Marx (PragerU)
- Why “Democratic” Socialism Doesn’t Work (Video)
Dennis Prager Series – Left vs. Right:
- How Big Should Government Be?
- Does it Feel Good or Does it Do Good?
- How Do You Judge America?
- How Do You Deal With Painful Truths?
- How Do We Make Society Better?
MINIMUM WAGE (>>> Main Page <<<)
What happens when politicians decide they are in a better position than business owners to know how much workers should be paid? We don’t have to guess. Cities like Seattle and New York have already done so with their $15/hour minimum wage mandates. Simone Barron, a lifelong restaurant worker, recounts how “helping” her impacted her wallet, her career, and her life.
“Any Econ 101 student can tell you the answer: ‘The higher wage reduces
the quantity of labor demanded, and hence leads to unemployment’.”
- $15 an Hour Minimum Wage Backfiring on Workers? (Video)
- $15 Minimum Wage: What We Can Expect | Forbes (Video)
- Applebees Franchisee On Min Wage Impact (Video | TownHall)
- BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT (WALTER WILLIAMS)
- Dunkin Donuts vs. Minimum Wage (Audio)
- Former McDonald’s CEO Ed Rensi Speaks About Minimum Wage
- Gutfeld: Seattle’s minimum wage hike failures (Video)
- How Does the Minimum Wage Work? (PragerU)
- How High Would You Make the Minimum Wage? We Asked L.A. Residents (Video)
- How the Minimum Wage Hurts Young People (PragerU)
- Is Raising Minimum Wage A Bad Idea? – Learn Liberty (Video)
- John Stossel – Minimum Wage, Maximum Folly (Video)
- John Stossel – The Politics of Income (Video)
- L.A.’s Garment Dist vs. Left-Coast Values (Audio)
- L.A.’s Minimum Wage Law Hurts Poor/Middle-Class People
- Larry Elder Discusses $15 Minimum Wage (Audio)
- Liberal Bias at the L.A. Times and Minimum Wage Debates ~ Michael Hiltzik & David Neumark (Audio)
- McDonald’s & The Minimum Wage (Video)
- Minimum Wage and Automated Kiosks (Audio)
- MINIMUM WAGE AND BLACK FAMILIES ~ WALTER WILLIAMS (AUDIO & VIDEO)
- Minimum Wage Basics
- MINIMUM WAGE, MAXIMUM FOLLY (WALTER WILLIAMS, PDF)
- Minimum Wage Realities
- Minimum Wage and Regulations Killing L.A.’s Garment District
- Neumark/Wascher Bitch Slap Card/Krueger
- Ontario minimum wage increase “not about helping poor people” (Video)
- Popeye’s CEO on $15 minimum wage (Video)
- The “Card-Krueger” Study Debunked
- The Cruelty of the $15 Minimum Wage (Video)
- The Fifteen Dollar Minimum Wage is NONSENSE (Video)
- What’s the Right Minimum Wage? (PragerU)
- White Castle vs. New York Values (Audio)
See more on their website, HERE.
TeXaS vs CaLiFORNia
- America’s Future: California Or Texas? If California Is America’s Future, Then That Future Is Overrun With Poverty
- What is the cost of living difference between Texas and California?
- Texas v. California: The Real Facts Behind The Lone Star State’s Miracle
- California Wins ‘Worst State to do Business’ for 11th Year
- ‘Two-States of California’- Victor Davis Hanson at American Freedom Alliance (Video)