5th circuit – Biden White House, FBI likely violated the first amendment
For countries AND FOR soft sites like schools… the application is still the same:
A friend posted a link to an article where a “theologian” (I assume he theologizes vs. being a professional “theologian” noted the following:
- There are few things as quintessentially American as apple pie, the Dallas Cowboys and the possibility of being shot anywhere you go.” [….] “Christians in America are going to have to voluntarily divest themselves of weapons of war if we’re going to muster the political will to reform our systems and markets that profit from the fear and death they sell.” (America’s Gun Culture Is Driven By Christians – Here’s How To Stop School Shootings)
Just a few thoughts out loud before the quotes, links, media, and the like.
The article says Scott Baker is a theologian. I could teach theology, but wouldn’t say I am a theologian.
If your shot in Texas, is it by a regular church going Christian?
Note as well that the article gets no where close to the subtitle’s statement of stopping school shootings.
Also, I wonder which of these choices or thoughts, investing vs. divesting, were racing through the mind’s of the Christians who worked at the Presbyterian Elementary Covenant School (or even non-believers at Uvalde for that matter) thought of. Were they thinking, “gosh darn it, I am so glad I divested in my right to defend my own body and the bodies of the innocent.” [/sarcasm]
There seems to be a false dichotomy. Gun violence happens, and, it will [presumably] stop when Christians [who are law abiding and God serving] “divest themselves” of them these “weapons of war” — whatever that is?
- …given the constitutional protection that is interpreted as a blanket right to private gun ownership, creates an environment in which no single action can solve this quandary. I know it can be done because I grew up in a world in which people smoked on airplanes and in restaurants, and now they don’t. (IBID)
Once Christians are “out of the way” then federalism can be moot and much like a federal law that stopped smoking on a plane, so to will shootings stop?
More people will be be killed like sheep.
I think the later.
Thankfully the police response at Covenant School was quick. Fourteen minutes to the scene. And a few minutes to the threat was stopped. However, if “investing” was practiced, the threat could have been neutralized in minutes.
This hope of “divesting” will happen in “no place,” or, UTOPIA.
Opining still may I say this idea of giving up a right by Nature’s God is not a Christian idea, not to mention that Christians and Jews, historically, around the world would have been in a better position in life if they were armed [I mean, actually having it – life that is].
Common sense seems to be missing in the article at Premier Christianity.
Take a more recent example of a divesting that was through complacently:
Or a kid who stopped a mass killing at a mall by conceal carrying. And the many other documented persons who stopped mass killing sprees – see FEE’s article on Eli, but this short video is good:
Here is how I (at the time) characterized it on my Facebook:
There are many instances of this heroic action, as noted well here:
- “UPDATED: Compiling Cases where concealed handgun permit holders have stopped likely mass public shootings”
Or the research by criminologist and researcher Gary Kleck, noted here in an article by Larry Elder:
Likewise, Reason.com notes much the same:
But I want to return to that FEE ARTCLE linked above. In it some person’s are quoted that may be more rightly called “theologians” IMHO.
Turning to Gary DeMar’s article that was quoted above but needs more room for further context:
May I connect the dots and say “Christians divesting” themselves of a God given right is disregard for life.
So much different than Scott Baker seemed to say…
- “given the constitutional protection that is interpreted as a blanket right to private gun ownership”
… we really find out IT IS a blanket right. And on Facebook I asked the following question bnecause I could not for-the-life-of-me understand why my friend liked the article? So I asked him,
- What did you like from the article? I read it twice, and I am curious what was the main part of the article made you go “yes, that makes sense”
He merely responded with over six paragraphs from the article.
Which was vacuous of history, common sense, facts, and full of cherry picked verses.
Michael Knowles in his Ep. 1143 discusses “irreligion and religion” and the failure to distinguish between them (The Woke Mind Virus). Knowles mentions David French as well:
- “The fact that a person can get a room in a library and hold a Drag Queen Story Hour and get people to come? That’s one of the blessings of liberty.” (CAPSTONE REPORT)
CAPSTONE REPORT notes French’s further fall from grace:
Douglas Wilson weighs in on the David French and Sohrab Ahmari Drag Queen Story Hour Debates
- The effort to ban Drag Queen Story Hour starts when we have the courage to clarify the moral stakes. This requires casting off the civility creeds of the woke liberal left—codes that dictate we merely shrug our shoulders, or resort to euphemisms. That so many liberals and libertarians have expressed surprise at Ahmari’s concerns suggests that we have failed thus far to speak out loudly and boldly enough. (FIRST THINGS)
- IG Report Shows Comey Lied To Congress About FBI Investigation Of Trump Campaign: Not only did the Obama administration’s FBI target the Trump campaign in the heat of the 2016 presidential election, but it used an intelligence briefing of Trump to gather ‘evidence’ on him.
During that December 2018 hearing, Rep. Trey Gowdy posed this question to Comey: “Late July of 2016, the FBI did, in fact, open a counterintelligence investigation into, is it fair to say the Trump campaign or Donald Trump himself?”
“It’s not fair to say either of those things, in my recollection,” Comey retorted. “We opened investigations on four Americans to see if there was any connection between those four Americans and the Russian interference efforts. And those four Americans did not include the candidate.”
So, not only did the Obama administration’s FBI target the Trump campaign in the heat of the 2016 presidential election, but they used an intelligence briefing of candidate Trump to gather “evidence,” and even memorialized Trump’s comments in official FBI documents related to the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.
Nonetheless, Comey lied to Americans in order to keep up the appearance that the Steele dossier was in some way legitimate or that he was unaware of it’s illegitimacy.
- Brennan Lied About Not Including Steele Dossier In Intelligence Community Assessment On 2016 Russian Election Interference
The new report from Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz confirmed former CIA Director John Brennan lied to Congress about whether the dossier authored by Christopher Steele was used in the Obama administration’s Intelligence Community Assessment (ICA).
An example of a lie by ADAM SCHIFF, which he KNEW was a lie when he said it:
An example of a JOHN BRENNAN lie… which he knew was a lie when he said it:
In an exclusive interview, Attorney General William Barr spoke to NBC News’ Pete Williams about the findings on the Justice Department Inspector General’s report on the Russia investigation and his criticisms of the FBI.
U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr sits down with the Wall Street Journal to discuss the information released within the IG report on FBI 2016 election surveillance against candidate Trump; and FISA exploitation for use therein.
As I was driving around today in slow or stopped traffic, I gave my thoughts about what I was hearing today:
After another quick link of mine linked to this REASON.ORG article, a friend said this on Facebook:
This was my response[s], and it is solid!
ACE OF SPADES has this great
DAVID FRENCH FODDER
One of the many nuggets from ACE OF SPADES is this from MSNBC: National Review Writer On Why Nunes Should Step Down (March 2017). In the video from MSNBC we see David French retroactively go down in flames! ALSO:
— Julie Kelly (@julie_kelly2) December 10, 2019
Suffice it to say, ACE destroys David French and Adam Schiff!
Here is more regarding the IG REPORT with thanks to FLOPPING ACES!
INSTAPUNDIT notes the FBI campaign against Trump is not necessarily new:
“The FBI and the media joined together to launch an attack on me of unparalleled proportion in the history of his nation … It was all a lie … The Justice Department cannot be trusted to investigate itself.”
— Richard Jewell, July 30, 1997,
House hearing pic.twitter.com/DzDYAGtIWK
— Howard Mortman (@HowardMortman) December 10, 2019
And I have noted before the same on my site:
UPDATED POST by POWERLINE intros the video for us:
Dennis Prager reads from David French’s NATIONAL REVIEW article, “The Case Against Kavanaugh Is Collapsing“, regarding the latest allegations by Julie Swetnick and “gang rapes.” Democrats are giving this serious consideration, for the pure fact that they hate everything conservative. I would say enjoy, but a man’s life is being destroyed with glee by the Democrat Party.
MORE FROM FRENCH:
Dennis Prager discusses the “prom dress” heard around the world. David French’s article, “How a Pretty Prom Dress Helped Reveal Rot in the American Soul,” notes that any normal American thinks the girl looks smashing. And her prom date is a lucky man. But this is not how the Left thinks — you must (emphasis on must) think like them or you are “sexist, intolerant, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, racist, bigoted (S.I.X.H.I.R.B.).”
This post should be married to my other post regarding the 2nd Amendment,
Here is the amendment as ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, the Secretary of State:
- A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
As Founder, Tench Coxe, of Pennsylvania — noted:
In other words, the comma in that Amendment separates the clause… there are TWO part to this Amendment, and so it should read (The RPT version):
- Since an organized force of volunteer citizens is necessary to defend our freedoms from tyranny within [a. federal vs. state | b. one’s own domicile] or (c.) foreign attack, the government shall in no way limit the People’s right to own and carry weapons for collective (a,c) or for sportsmanship or sustenance reasons as well as personal defense of private property guaranteed as a Natural Right (b).
In other words at the split in the sentence, what is reasonable to protect a state (tanks, bazookas, planes). And what is reasonable to protect a home and hunt with (pistols, semi-auto rifles/shotguns [like the AR], etc).
Here, Mark Levin explains these concepts to a caller to his radio show:
David French discusses some of the issues in his article in NATIONAL REVIEW discussing the original text of this Amendment:
Here are a couple quotes by the men who knew the details of what they wrote:
- Thomas Jefferson said, “No free man shall be debarred the use of arms.”
- Patrick Henry said, “The great object is, that every man be armed.”
- Richard Henry Lee wrote that, “to preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms.”
- Thomas Paine noted, “[A]rms . . . discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.”
- Samuel Adams warned that: “The said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.”
More quotes from the Founding Fathers DEFINING the 2nd Amendment can be found at THE FEDERALIST PAPERS
When you hear the word “transparency,” what comes to mind? Maybe words like openness and honesty. But David French, Senior Writer for The National Review, shows how progressive activists, under the guise of “transparency,” are ruining the lives of many good Americans.
David French over at the NATIONAL REVIEW has an excellent article on this topic, and is the one Prager is reading from: