Steven Crowder debunks 5 “racist terms” that have no basis on racism at all!
The culture war is first and foremost a war of words – and the left is winning. The consequences can be seen everywhere: in politics, in education, in media. In this video, Michael Knowles, host of the Michael Knowles Show, explains why we should not cede another syllable.
JUST SOME EXAMPLES!
The New York Times best seller list really isn’t that. What it is is merely an editorial “what you should read, not what actually sells the best.”
The NYT’s even had the audacity (or the lack of self awareness in their egalitarianism aims) to publish a graph of the male and female authors by decade. It showed a clear male dominance over the women. However, as the decades progressed, the sexes got closer to being even, until, the final decade in the graph, they were very similar in books on the New York Times best seller listing.
But this graph, then, is merely an illusion. Since they control the list and who makes it on the list — they can control whichever factors they wish to. Like gender for instance. So they can even out the sexes on the list to give the appearance that male and female authors are writing and selling great books, equally. It does not reflect reality. Nor does this “evening-out process” have anything to say about how well something is written. It merely projects what the few editors think is important to the New York Times.
The majority of authors are — I presume — white. So soon a similar graph will surely show an evening out of minority vs. Caucasian authors.
Later we find out that Pompeo met with the North over Easter weekend. A person simply said “Wow…..” MIND YOU, I am reading a lot into his “Wow,” but here is my response to the larger issue:
THAT is the point.
In the grilling of Secretary of State nominee Mike Pompeo, Corey Booker displays classic “thought control.” Dennis Prager rightly warns his listeners not just of Corey (although he does this), but of the tendency of all Leftism to degenerate into this form of fascism.
Grad student Lindsay Shepherd of Wilfred Laurier U. was dragged before a kangaroo court for showing a Dr. Jordan Peterson video in class. Demand that Laurier dismiss the Orwellian complaint against her, apologize, and reaffirm its commitment to academic freedom.
HERE is the full audio of the “gender police.”
assiduity (ăsˌĭ-do͞oˈĭ-tē, -dyo͞oˈ-)►
n. Persistent application or diligence; unflagging effort.
n. Constant personal attention and often obsequious solicitude. Often used in the plural.
POWERLINE has an excellent post about making jokes and today’s PC-culture:
- [I]t is “pretty unlikely that, if this law is enacted, such prohibitions would be limited just to this [nursing home] scenario,” UCLA First Amendment scholar Eugene Volokh told National Review. (MOONBATTERY)
(Side-note, all seminaries better have a campus in another state ready to go.) In a previous post I spoke to New York having the ability to close and fine businesses (out of business) for not using the pronouns (HERE and HERE). Here, is an example of why government shouldn’t be involved at all with licensing a profession. Here is a reminder of the NY lunacy:
THE DAILY WIRE posts the following on the bill that will surely jail persons in California: “California Proposes JAIL TIME For Using Wrong Gender Pronoun For Senior Citizens”
CHICKS ON THE RIGHT wryly note:
- Oh California. You so crazy. As you all know, California is the hub of human advancement. The rest of us are so behind the times. We’re old school hayseeds and need to get with the program ASAP.
#LoveisLove is the new Fascist mantra. Think of how fast this whole issue has moved in a decade. So, in ten years I will be in jail for wearing this?
When the U.S. Open begins next week, veteran broadcaster Doug Adler will be forced to watch from the sidelines because a comment he made about Venus Williams in January on ESPN is threatening to end his career. But Adler tells TODAY’s Matt Lauer that it’s a big misunderstanding. In the Orange Room, Sheinelle Jones invites TODAY viewers to weigh in.
|Larry Elder (Jan 2017)||John & Ken (Feb 2017)|
News you can use, via GAY PATRIOT:
Dennis Prager reads from a National Review article about “hurtful words” and the cream-puffs it is meant to protect. (I use “cream-puffs” NOT to insult gays, but to include ALL [straight or otherwise] who are soo damned sensitive that their world falls apart upon hearing the English language.)
Here is an excerpt from the NRO article entitled “UC Davis: Saying ‘You Guys’ Is Using ‘Words That Hurt’ ~ Oversensitivity 101“
I would like to sit-in on a movie night with these people watching classic 80’s movies with all these words bleeped out. It would be surreal.
MOONBATTERY has this:
HOTAIR noted the story as well:
- In case you’re feeling as if you must be missing something here, you didn’t. That was essentially the entire story. The shooter told law enforcement as a direct quote that he wanted to kill white people, particularly white cops. Nobody coerced the statement out of him. He just put it out there for the world to digest. The Commercial Appeal in Memphis ran a short headline stating exactly that fact. And then the Black Lives Matter protesters showed up outside their offices, so the editor – Louis Graham – quickly ran to his keyboard to issue a full throated apology for printing something which he again noted was factually accurate as part of the retraction.
This has grown out of multiple conversations over the years… and I wish to post it here for future reference. It will span a few topics — but I am sure you will get the point. It will not read straight forward as it will incorporate previously written material with some “stitching together.” (Note as well that I will link many of these topics to sites by the offenders themselves or people who disagree with the offenders, thus sitting them… the “separating the wheat from the chaff” thingy [Matthew 3:12].) But with the recent church shooting and the South Carolina Democrat blaming the Charleston shooting on FOX News. These people live in a bubble, and we need to be ready to show them this.
Here is a recent conversation that I will use as a model and add the pertinent information into the smaller discussion.
On-and-on… most scares and diminution of language and concepts and societal needs [etc] have by-and-large come from the Left:
- Vaccines (Discover Magazine)
- IQ studies (see right) and standardized tests are racist and sexist (SATs)
- ISIS is not Islamic
- AIDS/HIV, etc., not a big deal in the gay community
- “Tug of War” too violent for children
- Saying “Wife” or “Boyfriend” in conversation offends gays
- Disappearing Ice (Arctic ocean ice-free by summer, 2012; See Antarctic as well)
- Anthropogenic global warming
- Renewable energy (biofuels, solar & wind)
- Polar Bears
- Silicone breast implants
- Second-hand smoke
- Electric cars (good for the environment)
- DDT (Silent Spring)
- CO2 is a pollutant
- Tampons being patriarchal (a rape device)
- Heterosexual AIDS (book; also see #2)
- Condoms cure everything and prevent everything
- “Thug” is now racist
- Sex education cures all sexual problems
- We need sex ed in kindergarten
- female or male hormone therapy for 10-year-olds to transition to the opposite gender
- It’s a fetus, not a person
- “Obama-Care” — the word — is hate speech
- “Homosexual” is now a slur
- “Illegal Immigrant” is racist (Jay Leno joke)
- Writing “Dear Mam,” or “Sir” sexist
- Anyone can use restrooms in schools depending on if they “feel” like a boy or girl… K-12
- The Red-Skins name (the football team) is racist
- Apache Helicopter racist
- It’s a blob of undifferentiated tissue
- If abortion is not legal, there will be thousands of deaths a year from attempts at self-abortion
- If we fund embryonic stem cell research, Christopher Reeve will walk again
- Ethanol is an excellent fuel for cars
- Electric vehicles don’t pollute
- Compact Fluorescent Lights are good
- Forces people to bake a cake for an event
- Free speech “zones“!?
So we have had some leading Democrats blame the Charleston shooting on Trump and Talk Radio (Hillary), A South Carolina House Minority leader blamed Fox News (Todd Rutherford), etc….
B-U-T, how bout’ Charlie Rangel [second-longest currently serving member of the House of Representatives] actively covering for a murder — a planned murder with forethought — of a police officer by a racist black supremacist group? In other words, you have some nut job racist America hater who hates Israel and the U.S. militaristic imperialism who burns and steps on American flags being used to blame the Republican Party or Fox News… BUT… you have one of the most respected members of the House intimately involved with [by covering it up] a racist murder of a police officer.
- give me something analogous.
How bout’ this “standard” reply of mine when Democrats intimate racism on the Republican side, thus, intimating their hatred for racism:
PLEASE, give me something analogous to Democrat Woodrow Wilson showing a racist film in the White House or a President who has gone to a supremacist church for 20-years. Or give me a list of analogous “activist” meddling by the left that the right has done. Please. The left ruin a lot of what it touches, language-to-science-to-justice-to even common sense. It is sad… really it is.
One last comment on the Left’s tendency to “hate” racism. They only gate it where they [perceive] to see it if it benefits them. To show as clearly as possible that they should reject Obama, by ways of his affiliations with supremacist groups and literature for twenty years, should be assumed. But this does not benefit them. So the rhetoric continues.
In the original conversation I was asked about the tampons, “Wait- what’s wrong with tampons?” A fair question. I respond:
The response was priceless… as if this — ALL THIS — is happening in a vacuum:
To which I try to be more specific:
OCCUPY WALL STREET vs. Tea Party
Can anyone tell me something ANALOGOUS to the Tea Party
Mark Folley vs. Gerry Studds…