Trans women compete in women’s sports and many win. Is that fair?
Just a quick aside. The trans body lifter that lost in the Olympics lost because HE was 43-years old. If HE had been a younger, healthier dude, he would have most likely won. And the point is HE took a spot away from a female going to Japan. See some of my other posts:
- The Left’s War On Women’s Sports
- The Destruction of Women’s Sports No Big Deal… To the Left
- Title VII (Word Have Meaning) Albert Mohler | Daniel Horowitz
- The Trans War On Women #FairPlay
- The social stakes at play in this decision are far greater than many commentators seem to realize. If the ACLU attorneys are successful, all differentiation between the sexes in the context of employment will be unlawful, regardless of transgender status. In the oral arguments, Justice Ginsburg acknowledged that, unlike race or religion, there is legal precedent for employers to recognize sex differences in the workplace. Meanwhile, Justice Gorsuch referenced the “massive social upheaval in such a decision.” (NATIONAL REVIEW) [But yet voted for that upheaval]
Albert Mohler discusses the Court’s decision and the change in the meaning of the word “sex” in 1964. This decision will wreak havoc on many streams of society, as Daniel Horowitz’s article notes well.
Daniel Horowitz’s article at CONSERVATIVE REVIEW is a well written warning to the road ahead:
NATIONAL REVIEW opines well regarding the “knowledge” of Neil Gorsuch by stating wryly after their intro, “Nobody knows. Except maybe Neil Gorsuch.”
The NEW YORK POST has an excellent post regarding the issue as well — bravo for them — in the article they note that “This isn’t textualism. It’s ivory-tower liberalism.” Yep:
Abigail Shrier was on the Dennis Prager Show this week and the discussion surrounded her article in Newsweek and her new book:
- Who Has the Right to Be Called a Girl? (NEWSWEEK)
- Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters (REGNERY)
Here is a taste of the article:
The physical advantages conferred during male puberty are massive and unbridgeable, especially in sprinting and contests of strength. To take just one example cited in the complaint, the fastest female sprinter in the world is American runner Allyson Felix. Her lifetime best for the 400-meter run is remarkable—just 49.26 seconds. But based on 2018 data, nearly three hundred high school boys in the U.S. alone could beat it. When the two boy runners now besting Connecticut girls identified as male, they had no notable achievements in sprinting; now, identifying as female and competing against girls, they have taken first place in 13 out of 14 state championship events.
(On Twitter, I suggest keeping an eye on the hashtag #fairplay)
Some other sources worth a mention:
- Attorneys for Conn. High School Runners Ask Judge to Recuse after He Forbids Them from Describing Trans Athletes as ‘Male’ (NATIONAL REVIEW)
- Teen Girls vs. ‘Trans’ Athletes (NATIONAL REVIEW)
- TUCKER CARLSON: Biological Boys Compete In Women’s Sports? | Tucker Carlson Interview With Selina Soule (YOUTUBE)
Just a note on the Tucker video above: The Alliance Defending Freedom attorney noted that one of the transgender athletes (male in otherwords) now holds ten records in the state previously held by other girls over a twenty year period.
Girls shouldn’t be forced to compete against males. Male athletes have numerous unfair physical advantages, and policies that allow males in female athletics will inevitable lead to girls becoming spectators in their own sports. That is why Idaho passed the Fairness in Women’s Sports Act in March. But now, the ACLU has filed suit against Idaho in an effort to remove those protections. (If you don’t want to watch the full race, pick it up around the 3-minute mark to see.)
Selina Soule was one of the top five female high school sprinters in Connecticut… until competing against biological boys changed the game. Now, women aren’t just losing their races — they’re losing their chances to compete at all. Why is this happening? And what should we do about it?
SEE MORE AT RPT:
More via THE DAILY WIRE:
<< SAVE WOMEN’S SPORTS >>
“I feel like…” The mantra of the Left’s War on Women. I am posting the below video from “Adam and Eve, Not Steve” because he plays the track even and you can see just how BIG he is compared to the other biological women… WITH commentary from the “gal” herself. (WEASEL ZIPPERS hat-tip)
WESTERN JOURNALISM has a good article with some MUST CLICK links in it, which I will EMPHASIZE:
Why are feminists silent about Craig Telfer— the MAN who was ranked 390th in the NCAA track and field division— and so simply decided he now identifies as a woman. Cece Telfer— still a MAN, is now ranked #1, having defeated hard-working, biological women.
— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) June 2, 2019
THE BLAZE explains the below horror: “Powerlifter Mary Gregory — a biological male competing as a transgender female — announced Saturday on Instagram setting four women’s world records in one day at a Raw Powerlifting Federation event: Masters world squat, open world bench press, masters world deadlift, and masters world total.”
MOONBATTERY reminds us that this is just the latest “woman’s sport” to fall:
THE BLAZE continues in noting that “Mary” thanked some of the following people:
- “As a transgender lifter I was unsure what to expect going into this meet and everyone — all the spotters, loaders, referees, staff, meet director, all made me welcome and treated me as just another female lifter,” Gregory added. “Thank you!”
He forgot to thank “Nature,” God, or both.
A friend posted a picture of the back of my van, a sticker I print based off of him saying the “equal” sign looks like a “pause button” on a remote control:
Some interesting conversation ensued on his Facebook after this was posted. My main response is to the idea expressed by one person that this is not a big deal:
- How is this such a huge topic? The percentage of the population on the planet is significantly low(< 1%). No one deserves to be discriminated against-but your over stating calling it a Huge topic as a whole. The vast majority of the general public doesn’t even know a transgender person.
I wish to reprint ans add to my response to the original ideas for cataloging here at RPT. My general first point was to note a very recent article by tennis legend, Martina Navratilova….
Martina Navratilova earlier had commented about the issue being unfair. She was slammed, and said she would educate herself better. She went and studied the issue more and came back MORE convinced about her position. I think she is still wrong in part thinking that a removal of a sex organ of mutilation to the body changes her statement “A man builds up muscle and bone density, as well as a greater number of oxygen-carrying red blood cells, from childhood,” —- BUT, even her position is anathema to the Democrat Party withing the past 5-years.
Now, here is my direct response to the above “what’s the big deal” quoted:
…it is a huge topic because the professional Left is taking that less than 1% and demanding the majority change their concept of gender by state force and rules in women’s sports. In other words, in only 5-years this has changed women’s sports dramatically. Can’t wait for the next decade [<sarcasm]. The Washington Times notes just how unfair this issue is in high school sports.
Parents spend time and money to have their girls compete to attain a level of competition to enter either the Olympics or get a scholarship at a prestigious college (or both). This is no longer the case. The professional Left is ruining women’s sports in the name of “equality.”
Remember, you either want liberty, or equality, but you cannot have both.
Don’t be a racist and transphobic for attacking these two beautiful young Nubian queens who placed first and second in a high school track event.
I also expressed publicly a question many ask. That is, why do people simply support — uncritically — or promote actively these issues with little or no countering information to balance their knowledge of the issues? I always encourage people to be logically coherent and support these other “categories” of persons who “feel” someway about themselves:
These are issue being muddied with the arguments put forward by those pushing “equality.” BUT MY QUESTION IS WHY? I think David Mamet* has a reasonable answer. It is the transferring of “Sainthood” to a growing secular culture. It gives people a sense of worth they think is beyond them… what use to be in the realm of faith, is now internalized. It offers a “metanarrative” for people to view the world. For instance, in a wonderful National Review article by Andy Ngo (last name sounds like “Noh”), he notes of Jussie Smollet’s bio line on his Twitter (the actor who faked a hate crime):
- “While I can only speculate as to Smollett’s motives, perhaps a clue can be found in his bioline on Twitter. Smollett writes: ‘I am simply here to help save the world’.” (NATIONAL REVIEW | See more on my site: Hate Crime Hoaxes In The Trump Era)
The hubris involved in a political movement that thinks through legislation it can change gender and weather patterns is legend. And it is really a transfer of Sainthood:
* [David Mamet] …is an American playwright, film director, screenwriter and author. He won a Pulitzer Prize and received Tony nominations for his plays Glengarry Glen Ross (1984) and Speed-the-Plow (1988). He first gained critical acclaim for a trio of off-Broadway 70s plays: The Duck Variations, Sexual Perversity in Chicago, and American Buffalo. His plays Race and The Penitent, respectively, opened on Broadway in 2009 and previewed off-Broadway in 2017.
Feature films that Mamet both wrote and directed include House of Games (1987), Homicide (1991), The Spanish Prisoner (1997), Heist (2001), and Redbelt (2008). His screenwriting credits include The Postman Always Rings Twice (1981), The Verdict (1982), The Untouchables (1987), Hoffa (1992), Wag the Dog (1997), and Hannibal (2001). Mamet himself wrote the screenplay for the 1992 adaptation of Glengarry Glen Ross, and wrote and directed the 1994 adaptation of his play Oleanna (1992). He was the executive producer and frequent writer for the TV show The Unit (2006–2009).
Mamet’s books include: The Old Religion (1997), a novel about the lynching of Leo Frank; Five Cities of Refuge: Weekly Reflections on Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy (2004), a Torah commentary with Rabbi Lawrence Kushner; The Wicked Son (2006), a study of Jewish self-hatred and antisemitism; Bambi vs. Godzilla, a commentary on the movie business; THE SECRET KNOWLEDGE: ON THE DISMANTLING OF AMERICAN CULTURE (2011), a commentary on cultural and political issues; and Three War Stories (2013), a trio of novellas about the physical and psychological effects of war.
This next quote deals with “saint-hood”… but notes that people support it at others cost. When it happens to them, it isn’t fair.
THE BLAZE posts on this excellent response to a question at a Heritage Foundation seminar. MOONBATTERY says this of Dr. Cretella: “Dr. Cretella is President of the American College of Pediatricians. No doubt social engineers are out for her head.”
…So, I provide two for him:
Tucker Carlson had on Zac Petkanas, Democratic National Committee senior adviser, to discuss the transgender bathroom issue going beck to the states to control rather than the federal government dictating to the states what they should do (more via the Daily Caller). during the interview, zac said Tucker’s example was invalid BECAUSE there are no examples Tucker could provide. BZZZZZZT, wrong. (SEE MORE)
- The solution to this problem is simple but not easy: Gender dysphoric kids must compete athletically with the sex they’re born with and must follow the rules against performance enhancing drugs. The same is true for college and Olympic and professional athletes. Any other system penalizes women and dismantles the gains of two generations of Title IX. (American Spectator)
Tucker Carlson (http://tinyurl.com/hlq68x9) had on Zac Petkanas, Democratic National Committee senior adviser, to discuss the transgender bathroom issue going beck to the states to control rather than the federal government dictating to the states what they should do (more via the Daily Caller: http://tinyurl.com/gnqx62e). during the interview, zac said Tucker’s example was invalid BECAUSE there are no examples Tucker could provide. BZZZZZZT, wrong. I clipped Tucker’s show as well as two news reports to showing examples. BEFORE getting to a few links to other examples, the example of the female wrestler taking testosterone to transition to a boy is a prime example of some of the issues involved.
Just to show the insane media viewpoint… “Mack” has not gotten an operation yet, but Mercury News says this: “Beggs wrestles in the 110-pound class, where his record is 52-0.” No, she is still a girl in every-way but is taking testosterone. She could still decide to forego this whole thing… and then magically what? a girl again according to the Mercury News. Herein lies the rub… if these school districts in this state allowed her to wrestle boys, what would be the idea in stopping a boy from wrestling girls? In other words, chicks would be dominated in a similar fashion.
ALSO — “The American College of Pediatricians issued a statement this week condemning gender reclassification in children by stating that transgenderism in children amounts to child abuse” (BIZPAC REVIEW). (The American College of Pediatricians is a more conservative leaning group of medical professionals.)
I have previously posted on some of these examples of the war-on-women:
- Male Took Home All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field
- Male Bicyclist Wins Female Division
- In The Liberal World — Men Fight Women – *Equity*
- “Transferring Sainthood” In Denying Nature – Zac Petkanas Edition
Here are some other stories about sports and transgender men-to-women dominating the sport:
- Why Transgender Athlete Chloie Jonsson Is Suing CrossFit Over Discrimination
- Transgender rugby player got a shot at the pros before she lived her full truth
- Transgender athletes born male set to make Olympic history
- Should Caster Semanya be allowed to compete as a woman? Tipped for 800m gold, she has no ovaries, nearly as much testosterone as a man and has sparked a huge ethical debate
I forgot about this example via GENDER TRENDER:
One person commenting on this story said: “Remember when steroids were illegal in professional sports?” Yep. Great point.
Here is part of the story via the DAILY CALLER:
The Daily Caller has this:
Mind you… this will be the “norm”
Women’s sports is done for.