For the Hillsdale Dialogue this past Friday, Hugh interviewed Victor Davis Hanson regarding current issues and his new book, “The Case for Trump“. Good interview, will be remembered long after Trump is out.
This is an interview by EPOCH TIMES of Larry Elder. Good stuff!
Candace Owens and Katie Pavlich join ‘Life, Liberty & Levin’ to discuss their backgrounds and factors that led them to conservatism. (See transcript HERE):
Walt Heyer is a man I greatly respect. He has “cameos” throughout and wrote an excellent book, PAPER GENDERS (see more). He is also featured on my “TRANSGENDER PAGE.” Professor Peterson is also a champion for free speech. A good interview. Keep in mind that this YouTube channel added to the interview regarding the extreme nature of this movement’s hubris that they control even gender. (h-t- to my mom) The interview was done by John D. Anderson, who served as the Deputy Prime Minister of Australia and Leader of the rural-based National Party of Australia from July 1999 to July 2005.
The full discussion of the above can be found on YAF’s YOUTUBE. Below is the C-SPAN appearance about his book:“The Big Lie: Exposing The Nazi Roots Of The American Left“
UPDATED (Originally posted in Nov 2013)
- On racial preferences, JFK, in 1963, said he opposed them: “I don’t think that is the generally held view, at least as I understand it, of the Negro community, that there is some compensation due for the lost years, particularly in the field of education.
- On tax cuts, in a 1962 speech Kennedy said: “It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low, and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now. … The purpose of cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy, which can bring a budget surplus.”
- On dealing with foreign enemies, JFK believed, as Reagan did, in peace through strength, not strength through peace. In his inaugural address, Kennedy said, “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.”
- On the Second Amendment, this lifetime member of the NRA believed it conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms. In 1961, Kennedy said: “Today we need a nation of minutemen: citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.”
- Abortion was not an issue during the 1960 presidential campaign. Nor was it an issue during his presidency. Kennedy did say this: “Now, on the question of limiting population: As you know, the Japanese have been doing it very vigorously, through abortion, which I think would be repugnant to all Americans.”
What Dennis Prager was asking James Swanson (below) was “what about the newer understanding that JFK was conservative?” (Prager has always echoed Reagan’s statement: “I didn’t leave the Democratic Party. The party left me.” This fresh look at history supports this long held belief by many ex-Dems.) When historians go through Kennedy’s speeches and candid confessions, as well as policy, they are more-and-more coming to the following conclusion:
A short excerpt from an article by Ira Stoll, in the October 2013 edition of The American Spectator, can be read in full here for the non-subscriber: “JFK Conservative” The American Spectator continues:
The American Spectator continues:
Dennis Prager interviews Michael Walsh who writes for the NEW YORK POST as well as PJ MEDIA. Michael is on for his book being released in paperback, “The Devil’s Pleasure Palace: The Cult of Critical Theory and the Subversion of the West.” The conversation was interesting, I even enjoyed the “conductor talk,” but alas, I am keeping this upload directed at the political. A great conversation and a humbling of myself who stayed anti-Trump till the last month-and-a-half before the election. The article mentioned by these two, “The Flight 93 Election,” can be found at CLAREMONT INSTITUTE … near the end they discussed the previous hour about cultural appropriation, that segment can be found HERE.
I am a new fan of Michael’s and look forward to reading his work. Follow him on TWITTER.
Hat-Tip to PAT DOLLARD:
RUSH: If this is what happens, Mr. Vice President, why vote Republican? What is the point of voting Republican if the Democrats are gonna continue to win practically 95% of their objectives, such as in this last budget deal?
THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well, look, respectfully, Rush, I actually think this was, as the president said a little a while ago, I think this was actually a clear win for the American people. Look, you’ve had Washington, D.C., that has been, you know, paralyzed by gridlock and partisan infighting for many years, and in this new president you have someone who was able to bring people together and make a $21 billion increase in defense spending at a time of great challenge for America’s interests around the world. And that’s a — you know, he spoke about that today, surrounded by a lot of great members of the United States Air Force. And it was also a piece for years, Democrats in Washington insisted that any increase in defense spending would be matched with an increase in domestic spending.
So you gotta grow government at home if you’re gonna, you know, invest in our national defense. This ended that. I mean, in a very real sense this was a game-changer because we’re just back to putting the safety, security, and the national defense of the American people first, and I think it sends, having just traveled around the Asian-Pacific representing the president over the last couple of weeks, I think this sends a decisive message to the world that under President Trump’s leadership we’re gonna make the strongest military in history even stronger.
GAY PATRIOT h-t…
On this exciting and timely episode of TheFallenState TV, syndicated columnist and New York Times bestselling author Ann Coulter joins host Jesse Lee Peterson. In the wake of UC Berkeley cancelling Ann’s scheduled speech, Ann discusses free speech in America and the left’s frequent censorship of the right. One of Trump’s biggest supporters during the election, Ann weighs in on Trump’s actions so far as president. Ann also opens up about her family, being a Christian, and her thoughts on men and relationships.
Here is the article Ann was trying to recall:
I grabbed this whole interview, partly because I think it is important to better know who these candidates are that I had some misconceptions about myself. Dennis Prager interviews Philippe Karsenty (TWITTER) about the French elections that took place and are coming up.
Recently, I came across these two sentences that made me rethink my thoughts on the two main characters:
- “…Macron’s pledges of gradual deregulation in France and cuts in state expenditure and the civil service are the kind of talk global financial markets like to hear. Le Pen wants to print money to finance expanded welfare payments and tax cuts, ditch the euro currency and possibly pull out of the EU, all of which raise huge uncertainties….” (REUTERS)
In conversation between some friends, one mentioned Marine Le Pen’s connection to racist ideologies via her father, Jean-Marie Le Pen, who founded the National Front Party in 1972. HEAVY has 5-facts on him that make me wary of Marine, including his apparent denials of the Holocaust.
At any rate, I am thank to Philippe for bringing more clarity to the issue.
Dennis Prager had Lee Habeeb on to discuss his article entitled, “Are All White People Racists? One Leftist School Is Teaching This.” In it Lee makes crystal clear the goals of organizations like this that make school principles and superintendents “feel good” about themselves – as if they are participating in fighting evil, thus, putting on the moniker of “social justice warrior.” A great interview!
As an aside, Bill Nye the “Science Guy” is saying floods in California are due to Global Warming… a year ago the drought in California was attributed to Global Warming by this “science guy,” even though California has been three degrees warmer on average in the past and even has had 200-year long droughts further back than that. A model that is non-falsifiable and explains EVERYTHING is not scientific! First, an introduction in case you missed my post on this (hubris included for free), here is Dr. Happer educating the CNBC crowd: A must read article co-authored by Dr. Happer (originally from the Wall Street Journal, is here: Harrison H. Schmitt and William Happer: In Defense of Carbon Dioxide This guy has lived a life books are written about. What a great guy, patriot, and scientist. For quotes and topics more zeroed in on Global Warming via the longer interview, see WUWT‘s post. Here is a bit more biographical run of the interview… I will include another recent video discussion on Global Warming between Stefan Molyneux and Dr. Happer below.
As an aside, Bill Nye the “Science Guy” is saying floods in California are due to Global Warming… a year ago the drought in California was attributed to Global Warming by this “science guy,” even though California has been three degrees warmer on average in the past and even has had 200-year long droughts further back than that. A model that is non-falsifiable and explains EVERYTHING is not scientific!
First, an introduction in case you missed my post on this (hubris included for free), here is Dr. Happer educating the CNBC crowd:
A must read article co-authored by Dr. Happer (originally from the Wall Street Journal, is here: Harrison H. Schmitt and William Happer: In Defense of Carbon Dioxide
This guy has lived a life books are written about. What a great guy, patriot, and scientist. For quotes and topics more zeroed in on Global Warming via the longer interview, see WUWT‘s post. Here is a bit more biographical run of the interview… I will include another recent video discussion on Global Warming between Stefan Molyneux and Dr. Happer below.