Listen till the end:
Stephen A. Smith rips Kaepernick for not voting in the 2016 Presidential Election after taking stances on social issues this year on First Take on ESPN.
Via THE BLAZE!
SKIP: “Where are we in the United Sates of America in race relations — in what you see from day to day in your life?”
LIL’ WAYNE: “Skip, they wouldn’t want to ask me that… they wouldn’t want my answer to represent them because God knows I have been nothing but blessed. These 33 years have been nothing but a blessing. I have never — and never is a strong word — never dealt with racism.”
SKIP: “So you’ve never experienced any offensive behavior from any other color?”
LIL’ WAYNE: “Never”
Larry discusses the expanding NFL protests during the anthem. The Sage lays down the law as only he can. Commons sense, the real issues, combined with stats show that the current protests by the players are at best missing the point, at worse, childishly ignorant. (Or both!)
As usual, you know I like Paul’s work but reject wholly Info Wars who he works for (and probably reject quite a few of Paul’s personal views). THAT BEING SAID, here is his Kaepernick comments (LANGUAGE WARNING):
Larry Elder explains why the First Amendment is not the issue here. The NFL is a private business and they can have regulations for all players to stand during the National Anthem — LIKE THE NBA!.
Great stuff and very educational as usual… thanks Sage.
According to the NFL the Game Operations Manual is it’s “Bible”
- “The NFL Football Operations ‘bible’ is the Game Operations Manual — nearly 200 pages of procedures and policy for regular season games alone…. The NFL takes infractions of Game Operations rules seriously — so much so that clubs risk fines as high as $500,000 for violations ‘affecting the competitive aspects of the game.’ Some violations, such as late arrival for kickoff, can result in yardage penalties, and failure to comply with a uniform policy can result in a player’s temporary removal from the game. The league takes violations seriously because it takes its responsibilities seriously. Good governance is an essential component in producing a fair and entertaining game.”
Here are the NFL’s rules governing the National Anthem, found on pages A 62-63 of the NFL Game Operations Manual (TIME – I will emphasize the loophole the players are using and the owners were too scared to make wave because of):
- “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem <<MAY>> result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
Michael Medved discusses what you cannot say if you are a member of ESPN while they defend the right of NFL players to say whatever they like. [How I see it] In other words, ESPN defends players freedom of expression and thought while simultaneously demanding their own employees are not afforded the same consideration.
Medved also opines on the Kaepernick caper.
Former U.S. Rep. ALLEN WEST had a Scripture to recommend to Kaepernick.
I will give more context to Alex Boone’s comments after the video:
This story is making more sense as we get a few days behind it. THE DAILY CALLER notes a recent change in Kaepernick’s worldview that is driving this support for a racist, black nationalist political movement [Black Lives Matter]:
- Now we’re hearing he’s transitioning to become a Muslim, according to people close to the player. We received this in our tipbox, Colin’s girlfriend, Hot 97 DJ Nessa, introduced him to the teachings of Islam, and he’s ready to embrace it fully. Our tipster tells us Kaep and Nessa are going to have a traditional Muslim wedding. Colin seems to be all over the place lately.
This is the basic line so far:
- There are some facts about Colin Kaepernick that you should know. 1) He recently converted to Islam, 2) His girlfriend, DJ Nessa Diab, is a prominent activist in Black Lives Matter and is Muslim. She is also a fan of the Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro. (Uncle Sam’S Misguided Children)
We will build up to Nessa’s background, but first, she has posted a couple of things I would say also influenced Colin. For instance:
BABALÚ BLOG has some excellent commentary on the shirt:
THE WEEKLY STANDARD continues with the bottom line for Colin:
UNCLE SAM’S MISGUIDED CHILDREN notes the above in a powerful and personal way:
Nessa has been heavily influenced by contact with the Middle-East dues to her fathers job, as San Jose’s paper THE MERCURY NEWS notes:
- She was born in Southern California, but frequently moved between the U.S. and Middle East growing up, thanks to her father’s job.
STARCASM enlightens us further:
I have spent hours looking for her father and why he would be in-n-out of the Middle-East. I contacted a couple fellow bloggers to help in the endeavor. But the connection with radical Islam and the Black Lives Matter movement and their anti-Semitism is unmistakable, CONSERVATIVE TREE-HOUSE:
- In the social justice arena, there is no daylight between the various BLM activism groups, and activist Islam. They are interwoven amid every controversial eruption over the past six years. We have tried to draw attention to it numerous times, but many don’t fully grasp the scope of the relationship between radical Islam and Black Lives Matter. It’s a symbiosis, a complete synergy in activism and intent.
Keep in mind some key questions remain about Colin and his girlfriend. Was her father connected to radical Islam in some way (say, the Muslim Brotherhood)? What was his job? Maybe she is an el–Sisi fan? Does she have connections to the Nation of Islam (NOI) or the Nation of Gods and Earths (5%’ers)?
Surely this will be continued!