On Thursday, Senator and doctor Rand Paul handed it to Attorney and HHS Secretary Becerra. The Washington Examiner shared some of it.
“What’s More Authoritarianism Than a No Fly List for People Who Disagree With You?” Dr. Paul on Fox
Here is some commentary regarding the ATLANTIC JOURNAL article Senator Paul references via the DAILY EXPOSE:
JACK PROBIEC notes that The Atlantic changed the title of the story. Here is first the changed headline followed by the archived headline (linked accordingly):
BREITBART notes that “Kayyem champions shaming the unvaccinated, who should ‘face scorn among their peer group’ and ‘may even be happy to have an excuse to protect themselves,’ along with celebrating Broadway, Disney, and Walmart for forcing the unvaccinated to give up ‘certain societal benefits’ to practice their their individuality and freedom of choice.”
Yet another site — which I do not recommend since they the author is a Nation of Islam apologist — still, I feel compelled to share. To be clear however, even in this post I linked to, I disagree with some positions, but I must hat-tip. And if you are not aware of the “Pegasus” software issue, NPR will allow you some understanding to the issue.
There is a reason people like Juliette Kayyem wanted [actively] “Pegasus type” spyware. because the administration kept getting caught via Freedom of Information Acts and other methods promoting transparency.
The Obama administration, much to the surprise of the current ethos of the politically maligned, was the leader in violating the press’ rights. Even far Left orgs at the time “got it” — DAILY BEAST:
Here’s All the Times Obama Ejected the Media (POLITICAL INSIDER)
- And that’s not all! Not long after taking office, the Secret Service literally dragged away a black female reporter. Imagine the optics if an African-American woman were dragged away by Trump’s Secret Service.
- Over the past eight years, the Obama Administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined. It has repeatedly used the Espionage Act, a relic of World War I-era red-baiting, not to prosecute spies but to go after government officials who talked to journalists. Under President Obama, the Justice Department and the FBI have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.
PROSECUTED and JAILED!
The media treat Dr. Fauci as a saint. They sneered at Senator Rand Paul. They don’t like his “conspiracy theories,” although many now admit Paul’s arguments were likely correct!
“This is tyranny!” Dallas car wash owner Dale Davenport tells me, choking up. Dallas politicians crushed his life’s work — they blamed his car wash for high crime, citing Dale’s own 911 calls as evidence. They then re-zoned his business to destroy it.
(This is the video that YouTube shut down Rand Paul’s channel over.)
Dr. Paul Addresses Dr. Fauci’s Mishandling of the COVID-19 Pandemic with Newsmax
Makes total sense if you're a leftist! pic.twitter.com/B6fFQ0J4gw
— Bongino Report (@BonginoReport) August 11, 2021
A friend posted an article that got my eschatological mind’s gears grinding again. Here is the article graphic of Newsweek’s cover:
My Comments, partly tongue-n-cheek, but not…. if that makes sense.
Require proof of ID to buy and sell…..?
Sounds like a bit of stealth eschatology out in the world. I mean, when the Apostle John penned this, there was no real way to (a) catalog anyone en masse to “number” them. Nor (b) were there ways to curtail shopping for necessities for a large population.
Well, at least there isn’t technology for the world to view the Two Witnesses within days available to us (that an author in 90A.D. warned us about):
I mean, that would take some small device that most people would own in the world, small enough for a pocket, or something most homes have, and shareable with those who don’t have one.
It isn’t like the poorest of people living on our streets have them?
It isn’t like the cave dwelling peoples of places like Afghanistan have these devices!
- “There is nobody in Ghana who is not using a mobile phone,” added Kadir, speaking to CNN on a late model Sony Ericsson that he ordered for around $220 from someone in Italy. “Even a shoe shiner has his own mobile phone,” he jokes. (Africans get upwardly mobile in cell phone boom)
- To truly avoid the internet, then, you have to make a great deal of effort. Even the remotest wilderness now yields a signal of some sort. (Is there anywhere left on Earth where it’s impossible to access the internet? There are a few places, but you have to go out of your way to find them, discovers Rachel Nuwer)
- In Afghanistan, Singh said, there is a direct link between communications infrastructure and development. As cell phones spring up in various areas that either didn’t have them before or where they were destroyed by the Taliban, he said, commerce has increased and people are using mobile phone messaging to move around the country and spread information about the movement of the insurgents. Currently, between 10 million and 12 million afghans have cell phones, he said. “Farmers are using cell phones to see what prices are in the market before making the trip into town. People are building confidence with local security forces. Cell phones really do transform areas (EDITOR”S NOTE: population in 2010, 29,185,507 | Fighting the Taliban, one text message at a time – Afghanistan [PDF])
Mmm… maybe that isn’t the best example either.
Oh well. It isn’t like we have a large set of moral busy bodies concerning themselves with what others do.
- The ENTIRE WORLD WILL WATCH (undoubtedly on the latest form of visual media) and glorify the Antichrist as the bodies of the dead prophets who have been killed begin to decay. — John F. MacArthur Jr., The MacArthur Study Bible: New American Standard Bible. (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2006), Re 11:9.
- The death of the two prophets (v. 7) will set off a GLOBAL CELEBRATION among unbelievers who have hated their message of truth. — Earl D. Radmacher, Ronald Barclay Allen, and H. Wayne House, The Nelson Study Bible: New King James Version (Nashville: T. Nelson Publishers, 1997), Re 11:9–10.
- TV news services can broadcast the awe-inspiring drama. — James E. Rosscup, An Exposition on Prayer in the Bible: Igniting the Fuel to Flame Our Communication with God (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2008), 2772.
- Although THE EARTH rejoices that the testimony of the church is in the end apparently snuffed out, the temporary triumph of evil (“three and a half days”) will turn to heavenly vindication as the two witnesses (the people of God) are raised from the dead. — Robert B. Sloan, “The Revelation,” in Holman Concise Bible Commentary, ed. David S. Dockery (Nashville, TN: Broadman & Holman Publishers, 1998), 674.
BONUS COMMENTARY I LIKE
11:9–10 People Rejoice over the Witnesses’ Bodies
The Sight of the Righteous Vexes the Unrighteous. Tyconius: Since they do not allow their bodies to be gathered in a suitable place, they prevent a day for their memory to be indicated by a sacred celebration of the living.… It is no wonder that the earthly minded rejoice over the deaths of the righteous. For in addition to the plagues that beset the human race on account of the testaments of God, even the very sight of the righteous oppresses the unrighteous, as it is written, “Even the sight of him is a burden to us.” Not only does it oppress, it also causes him to melt away, and so the psalm says, “The sinner will see and be angry; he will gnash his teeth and melt away.”61 Commentary on the Apocalypse 11:9–10.
The Wicked Delight in the Death of God’s Witnesses. Oecumenius: And seeing the destruction of the witnesses, those from every nation who have been deceived by the antichrist will rejoice over them, as though their own king had conquered. That they exchange gifts is another indication of their glee and delight. It says, “Because the two prophets had been a torment to those living on the earth.” [The prophets] will not torment them with any physical torment, but spiritually by mocking and reproving them for their sins and by making utterly clear their deceit. Commentary on the Apocalypse 11:7–10.
The Impious Strive to Remove the Church from the World. Primasius: The intentions are expressed by which the impious strive to remove the church of Christ from the world, as the psalmist says, “Let the name of Israel be remembered no more!” And although they are unable to fulfill their desire, yet they make their evil intention known. Commentary on the Apocalypse 11:9.
Let Us Pray That God Reprove Us. Andrew of Caesarea: Those Jews and Gentiles, who once were overpowered by the false wonders of the antichrist and who had indelibly engrafted that abominable name upon their hearts, prohibited the holy bodies from being buried, and they rejoiced because they were free from the torments that [the prophets] gave for their correction. For they did not acknowledge that “the Lord reproves him whom he loves,” and that “he scourges every son whom he receives” and “by muzzle and bridle he will pull and tug at those who are not near to him.” And God works in this way so that they might turn from necessity into the straight way from which they turned aside when they were deceived. We must make petition of the Lord and pray, “It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes,”68 and “Turn us, O God of our salvation, that you do not enter into judgment with your servant.” “When we are judged by you, our beneficent master, we are chastened so that we may not be condemned along with the world”70 but may rather through a few torments escape an eternal punishment. Commentary on the Apocalypse, 11:9–10.
William C. Weinrich, ed., Revelation, Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2005), 164–165.
We are at a moment of truth and a crossroads. Will we allow these people to use fear and propaganda to do further harm to our society, economy, and children?
Or will we stand together and say, absolutely not. Not this time. I choose freedom. pic.twitter.com/XrI2tjdAHW
— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) August 8, 2021
After examining the evidence, Carlson wondered if Fauci may be under investigation for his “gain of function” research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (NATIONAL FILE). Of course, this is old news to conservatives… new news to Lefties (Apr 7, 2020 — The first documentary movie on CCP virus, Tracking Down the Origin of the Wuhan Coronavirus)
The following is compiled by ACE OF SPADES!
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “The bombshell release from Dr. Fauci’s e-mails goes to disprove the political and media establishment’s claims that lab-leak or bio-weapon concerns were ‘conspiracy theories.'” — Chinese COVID “Looks Engineered,” Gov’t-Funded Immunologist Told Fauci In January 2020 (NATIONAL PULSE)
- Daniel Greenfield: “If you like your pandemic, you can keep your pandemic.” — Fauci’s E-Mails and the Chinese Covid Cover-Up (FRONTPAGE MAG)
- “Controversial health official’s lack of scientific curiosity raises troubling questions.” — “Too Long for Me to Read”: Fauci Dismissed Expert’s E-Mail About Chinese Disinformation on Chinese COVID-19 (too long or Chu Wong? – jjs) (THE WASHINGTON FREE BEACON)
- “Worse, he well symbolizes much of the entire Washington establishment, a group of people more interested in power and skimming cash from the taxpayer than doing the right thing for the nation.” — From Masks to the Origins of Chinese COVID, Anthony Fauci is a Liar and a Fraud (BEHIND THE BLACK)
- Rand Paul: “Can’t wait to see the media try to spin the Fauci FOIA e-mails.” — Sen. Rand Paul Calls to “Fire” Dr. Anthony Fauci: “Told You” (BREITBART)
- “…in the future, we would do well to never let entrenched bureaucrats run a national response to anything.” — Was Fauci Incompetent or Dishonest? Either Way, in the Final Analysis, Lives Have Been Ruined (PJ-MEDIA)
- “A couple months later, the man responsible for steering U.S. government funding to the Wuhan Institution of Virology, Peter Daszak, the president of the EcoHealth Alliance, thanked Dr. Anthony Fauci on April 18, 2020 for publicly dismissing the theory coronavirus may have leaked from the lab.” — E-Mails Show Anthony Fauci Scrambled at Beginning of Pandemic to Determine Potential U.S. Role in Funding Chinese Coronavirus Research “Abroad” (BREITBART)
- “Over the course of the pandemic, Facebook has taken on an increasingly active role in censoring [Chinese] COVID-related information deemed “fake news” by government health officials.” — Fauci Colluded With Mark Zuckerberg On Facebook Chinese COVID-19 “Information Hub,” E-Mails Show (THE FEDERALIST)
- “I do not recommend that you wear a mask, particularly since you are going to a very low risk location.” — Masks, Lies and Fauci: The Trifecta (HUMAN EVENTS)
- “The highest-paid federal employee, best known for flip-flopping on [Chinese] COVID messaging and fudging the numbers, is now going to pontificate about truth and service in an autobiography where he gets to be the hero? What a joke.” — Fauci’s Expect the Unexpected Book Is Exactly What You’d Expect From a Self-Serving Bureaucrat (THE FEDERALIST)
- Fauci’s Upcoming Book Scrubbed on Amazon, Barnes & Noble Amid Backlash (JUST THE NEWS)
- “Regulators’ precipitous action slowed the [Chinese] COVID-19 vaccination campaign.” — The FDA’s J&J Vaccine “Pause” Protected Bureaucrats, Not Patients (HUMAN EVENTS)
- “Proof of immunity should serve as a substitute in any mandate situation, though parents may need to demand it. Concurrence from a physician should assist in the process.” — Israel Says There Is a Probable Link Between the Pfizer Chinese COVID-19 Vaccine and Cases of Myocarditis (PJ-MEDIA)
Sky News Australia
Jan. 25, 2021 (15:49 minutes long) ‘The Next Revolution’ host breaks down the evidence surrounding the origins of COVID-19.
AMERICAN GREATNESS has an update:
Wow! JUST THE NEWS has a follow up to this exchange
RAND PAUL vs. FAUCI
And THE NATIONAL PULSE likewise discusses a letter in SCEINCE MAGAZINE/JOURNAL
LINK IN PIC
Sen. Rand Paul questions Dr. Rachel Levine on gender transition for minors with gender dysphoria.
Rand Paul was in a hearing today with the weirdo Rachel Levine. We think he did pretty well… you know, being a real Doctor and all. Plus, Steven has a great rant at the end!
If you doubted Biden’s extreme Left agenda, wait until you meet assistant health secretary Rachel Levine. (LGBTTQQFAIPBGD7@bRs?PLWb+2Z9A2)
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul’s whistleblower question blocked in Senate impeachment trial by Chief Justice John Roberts. (Watch that moment HERE)
LEGAL INSURRECTION adds some thoughts to this:
— Alex Goldin (@alexgoldin74) January 30, 2020
POWERLINE continues with Rand Paul’s question rephrased (<< video at link):
- I believe that Senator Ron Johnson rephrased the question Senator Paul submitted to Chief Justice Roberts as set forth in the adjacent post. Chief Justice Robert having declined to read the question, Senator Johnson gave it another go. The question alludes to the RCP columm by Paul Sperry that we also published last week in “Whistleblower overheard.” Not surprisingly, Chief House impeachment manager and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff declines to answer the question.
John Brennan Leaked Top Secret Information That Blew A US Operation To Help Friends Make Money — Rand Paul
More from RED STATE: