Rush Limbaugh discusses journalistic “parroting” talking points. He takes us back to June of 2000 when “Dubya” announced Dick Cheney as his VP — the montage is from 2:00-to-2:55, and the voices heard in it are listed on Rush’s site as well as belolw. Great stuff, I missed this montage from soo many years ago, even Conan O’Brian used it (January 2014). See more at NEWSBUSTERS.
Here are the montage voices:
- AL HUNT: He meets all of George W’s weaknesses, lack of gravitas.
- JUAN WILLIAMS: We see the son, who is seeking some gravitas.
- CLAIRE SHIPMAN: They were looking at candidates with gravitas.
- STEVE ROBERTS: But he has the gravitas and you can sum it up in one word, stature.
- VIC FAZIO: It may go to the gravitas.
- JEFF GREENFIELD: We’re to use the favorite phrase, gravitas.
- LESTER HOLT: This is a vice president who brought gravitas.
- WOLF BLITZER: This will give some gravitas, add some credibility.
- ED ROLLINS: I think the gravitas that Cheney brought to the ticket.
- JONATHAN ALTER: What he gets is gravitas, a sense of weight.
- BOB KERREY: He does not need anybody to give him gravitas.
- MARGARET CARLSON: It means that, you know, gravitas.
- MIKE MCCURRY: I think he also needs some gravitas.
- SAM DONALDSON: To give gravitas.
- ELEANOR CLIFT: Well, he brings gravitas.
- WALTER ISAACSON: He does seem to bring some gravitas.
- AL HUNT: It’s called gravitas.
- MARK SHIELDS: A little gravitas!
- JUDY WOODRUFF: You certainly have gravitas tonight.
- SAM DONALDSON: He displayed tonight a certain gravitas.
- MARIO CUOMO: I think gravitas is the word. Unfortunately for the Governor, you can’t graft gravitas. … He has gravitas.