My thoughts early in the AM after hearing it referred to as a “woke monument,” was this:
- There is no way that an artist in Boston, Massachusetts’s – commissioned for a monument in said city is a conservative. The artist is assuredly a ‘lefty-progressive.’ Woke as woke can be… or progressive… or a cultural Marxist… or politically correct… whatever term you wish to use. They just aren’t a flag waving Republican – THAT I can guarantee. Yet, somehow, the “Patriarchy” still crept in – like a boss! Lol.
That’s the best way to describe it. My God…they botched it. A couple comments before the video from Memology 101 (hat-tip to THE FILTHY RHOMBUS!)
- The only one who was honoured was the person walking away with the $10.5 million.
- It’s really hard to call something a ‘tribute’ to someone when there is literally no way to identify it as related without being told it is related.
- We did it everyone. We solved racism. Around the world, all nations and ethnicities will come together to collectively not care about this massive waste of money.
- Nothing says “we honor a great man” more than creating a statue that doesn’t resemble him or his great works.
- The problem with modern artist and conceptual art is that there’s a low risk of criticism. You can’t tell if it’s bad if you can’t tell what it is.
The NEW YORK POST has this:
LANGUAGE WARNINGS FOR VIDEOS BELOW
Woke Culture has destroyed many statues but this is the first time they built one. And it sucks. It’s also hideously expensive. The MLK family speaks about this monstrosity while the mainstream media is gushing over it, and the internet, of course, has their opinions 😂 Watch!