In this public lecture at the University of California, Irvine, Professor Phillip E. Johnson explains how ambiguous terminology, faulty assumptions, and questionable rules of reasoning have transformed a theory which explains minor evolutionary change into a dogmatic naturalistic religion.
Major topics include:
- Darwinism as a New Religion
- Assumptions and Terminology
- Darwinism and the Blind Watchmaker Hypothesis
- Logical and Empirical Problems in Darwinian Theory
- Rules of Reasoning in Modern Science
Some consider this to be one of Professor Johnson’s finest lectures based on his first book “Darwin on Trial.”
Lively audience Q&A session follows the lecture.