THE BLAZE reports on this incident that could have turned into a mass shooting:
Police said Jody Ray Thompson pulled out a gun during an argument in front of the Playoffz nightclub in Lyman, South Carolina, early Sunday morning and fired at a gathered crowd, hitting three people.
Spartanburg County Sheriff’s deputies told WHNS-TV Thompson almost hit a fourth person — who just so happens to be a concealed carry permit holder.
Lt. Kevin Bobo said that the man pulled out his own gun in self defense and fired back at Thompson, hitting him in the leg.
The concealed carry permit holder, who hasn’t been named, cooperated with investigators and won’t be facing any charges stemming from the 3:30 a.m. incident, WHNS reported…
Other shooting that could have turned into a “mass shooting” but didn’t because of an armed citizen are these (there are many more, but this is good enough for the point):
1. The Pearl High School Shooting
2. The Parker Middle School Dance Shooting
3. The Appalachian School of Law Shooting
4. The New Life Church Shooting
5. The Trolley Square Shooting
6. The Golden Market Shooting
7. The New York Mills AT&T Store Shooting
8. The Clackamas Town Center Shooting
9. The San Antonio Theater Shooting