Frederick Douglass was born into slavery, but through his own heroic efforts became one of the most influential advocates for freedom in American history. His journey, a tale both agonizing and inspiring, should be known by everyone. Timothy Sandefur, author of “Frederick Douglass: Self-Made Man,” guides us through Douglass’ amazing life.
NOQ has this interesting response by Ted Cruz to Alyssa Milano’s Tweet… first their set up:
Here is the exchange put into order by (*breathes on finger nails, polished them on my tattered morning shirt) myself:
Prior to the 4th, Michael Medved recaps with his “Golden Turkey Award” the insane positions taken by the Left regarding the Betsy Ross flag and our Nation’s Founding.
3 Ignorant Myths About The Betsy Ross Flag, Dispelled (THE FEDERALIST):
WND has a good overview of a BlaveTV appearance of David Barton regarding Thomas Jefferson and slavery:
Larry Elder has Dinesh D’Souza on his radio show to discuss the apparent folly of his [Dinesh’s] absolute statement that is thus:
- Do you know how many Republicans owned slaves in 1860, the year before the Civil War started? The answer may surprise you if you listen to progressive (fake) historians. (DINESH)
While I have been following this somewhat closely, this is the best response yet by Dinesh. (For clarity, here is the other side — Princeton’s Kevin Kruse) An article out yesterday by Walter Williams is also noted: “REPARATIONS FOR SLAVERY“. A great back-n-forth by the two. I truncated the exchange just a bit.
WEASEL ZIPPERS hat-tip… great stuff. I posted the entire video below this clip:
Burgess Owens: “I used to be a Democrat until I did my history and found out the misery that that party brought to my race … slavery, KKK, Jim Crow, killed over 40 percent of our black babies, 20 million of them. How about [Democrats] pay for all the misery brought to my race?” pic.twitter.com/PDUCR89zx5
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) June 20, 2019
Here is a snippet from THE DAILY CALLER:
Note also this Democrat getting booed for common sense:
Lee Edwards worked as the director of information for the Barry Goldwater campaign in 1964. Later testimony showed that Goldwater’s campaign was being spied on by the CIA, possibly at the direction of the white house.
Slavery has been a universal institution for thousands of years, as far back as you can trace human history. But the situation is portrayed as if slavery is something that happened to one race of people in one country, when in fact the spread of it was worldwide and included people from all ethnicities in almost every country on Earth.
- “The number of whites who were enslaved in North Africa by the Barbary pirates exceeded the number of Africans enslaved in the United States and in the American colonies before that put together.” — Thomas Sowell
In the last semester alone, Dinesh D’Souza has taken his Young America’s Foundation #FakeHistory Debunked tour to campuses all over America and faced off with students, protestors, and professors, revealing the truth about the Left’s cozy relationship with fascism and racism. On campuses with little to no intellectual diversity, many students heard the truth about the Left’s big lies for the first time in D’Souza’s lectures. #FakeHistory doesn’t stand a chance when the truth comes to light. We can’t wait to see what 2019 has to offer!
When two people share the same goals, they can disagree – even strongly disagree – and still have a productive discussion about how to reach those shared objectives. As comedian and author Owen Benjamin explains, the problem with America today is we no longer share the same goals, and that’s tearing us apart.
UPDATE UNDER VIDEOS (JUMP)
Damn the media! Rep. Tlaib didn’t use Jefferson’s Qu’ran. FRONT PAGE MAGAZINE has the story:
This UPDATE [now a lie by the MSM] comes by way of WEASEL ZIPPERS, and it has to do with a new Congresswoman being sworn in on Thomas Jefferson’s Qu’ran. (Click TWEET for link to watch video)
To emphasize the idea that this socialist Muslim is clueless, take note of JIHAD WATCH’S quoting Rashida Tlaib:
What rhymes with clueless? Brainless? ALSO NOTE an older post of mine on a couple of these anti-Semitic Democrats:
It’s undeniable: Around the world, nationalism is on the march, and the media and reigning political elites would have you believe this is a dangerous disaster in the making. So, why is Yoram Hazony, author of The Virtue of Nationalism, unafraid? Watch to understand.
- Back in Virginia in 1788, Madison led the fight for ratification of the Constitution at the state’s convention, oratorically dueling with Patrick Henry and other Anti-Federalists who tried to block the nationalistic document. The compromise reached was ratification together with the promise of a Bill of Rights that would be promptly added. All 13 states ratified the new Constitution and it took effect in 1789, as Washington was sworn in as president.
- By late 1815, however, Madison asked Congress for a new bank, which had strong support from the younger, nationalistic republicans such as John C. Calhoun and Henry Clay, as well as Federalist Daniel Webster. Madison signed it into law in 1816 and appointed William Jones as its president.
- Like other nationalists Madison was disgusted with the weak national government of the 1780s—it was badly organized (with no president and no courts), and lacked the power to raise taxes. It would be unable to defend the new nation in a major war. Hamilton therefore was a strong proponent of powerful national government at this point. (He changed his mind in the 1790s.)