Frederick Douglass was born into slavery, but through his own heroic efforts became one of the most influential advocates for freedom in American history. His journey, a tale both agonizing and inspiring, should be known by everyone. Timothy Sandefur, author of “Frederick Douglass: Self-Made Man,” guides us through Douglass’ amazing life.
Prior to the 4th, Michael Medved recaps with his “Golden Turkey Award” the insane positions taken by the Left regarding the Betsy Ross flag and our Nation’s Founding.
3 Ignorant Myths About The Betsy Ross Flag, Dispelled (THE FEDERALIST):
WND has a good overview of a BlaveTV appearance of David Barton regarding Thomas Jefferson and slavery:
Larry Elder reads from a Wall Street Journal article entitled, “An Education Horror Show A Case Study In Public School Failure And Lack Of Accountability“. A key point in this article which leads into Walter Williams article is this: “One culprit are policies that discourage student discipline.” Doc Williams’ article (Black Education Decline) notes this:
- A National Center for Education Statistics study found that 18% of the nation’s schools accounted for 75% of the reported incidents of violence, and 6.6% accounted for half of all reported incidents. These are schools with predominantly black student populations.
Everything the Democrats are offering will embolden this problem, not help dissuade it.
I also add at the end a different Denzel Washington clip, Larry merely played the first one again. Here is another example of just how far discipline in schools have eroded (Meridian Star, 4/21/16 — via RPT).
- I read that in a survey of public school teachers in 1940, the top disciplinary problems listed included talking out of turn, chewing gum, running in the halls, dress-code violations, and littering. More than a half century later, the problems teachers contend with are drug and alcohol abuse, pregnancy, suicide, rape, robbery, and assault. Teachers and administrators say that things are worse for students now than ever before. One junior high school teacher commented, “I can’t believe the things they do to themselves and to each other.” A kindergarten teacher recently told me that her five and six year old students are restless, angry, and some even have the addictive habit of cutting themselves. A grandmother told me that her grandson, whom she is raising, has admitted to having suicidal thoughts. He is ten years old.
What a comparison. What teacher today wouldn’t fall on her knees and shout Hosannas to have the problems teachers did in 1940?
- “Andy, is that gum in your mouth?”
- “Yes, teacher.”
- “Go to the principal’s office!”
Can anyone even imagine?
Larry Elder has Dinesh D’Souza on his radio show to discuss the apparent folly of his [Dinesh’s] absolute statement that is thus:
- Do you know how many Republicans owned slaves in 1860, the year before the Civil War started? The answer may surprise you if you listen to progressive (fake) historians. (DINESH)
While I have been following this somewhat closely, this is the best response yet by Dinesh. (For clarity, here is the other side — Princeton’s Kevin Kruse) An article out yesterday by Walter Williams is also noted: “REPARATIONS FOR SLAVERY“. A great back-n-forth by the two. I truncated the exchange just a bit.
WEASEL ZIPPERS hat-tip… great stuff. I posted the entire video below this clip:
Burgess Owens: “I used to be a Democrat until I did my history and found out the misery that that party brought to my race … slavery, KKK, Jim Crow, killed over 40 percent of our black babies, 20 million of them. How about [Democrats] pay for all the misery brought to my race?” pic.twitter.com/PDUCR89zx5
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) June 20, 2019
Here is a snippet from THE DAILY CALLER:
Note also this Democrat getting booed for common sense:
The first part of this audio is Larry Elder (5-24-19) reading an article by Roger D. McGrath, “GETTING REAL ABOUT REPARATIONS”. The second part is Dr. McGrath being interviewed by Larry Elder (5-28-19) about that article, at the 14-minute mark. This is MUST hear history that should be listened to side-by-side with the audio chapter on slavery from Thomas Sowell’s book, “Black Redneck, White Liberals”. See Roger’s other article at Larry’s site entitled simply “WHITE SLAVES“
Slavery has been a universal institution for thousands of years, as far back as you can trace human history. But the situation is portrayed as if slavery is something that happened to one race of people in one country, when in fact the spread of it was worldwide and included people from all ethnicities in almost every country on Earth.
- “The number of whites who were enslaved in North Africa by the Barbary pirates exceeded the number of Africans enslaved in the United States and in the American colonies before that put together.” — Thomas Sowell
Across the Western world, politicians & media put on a daily show of pretending to care about human rights, while ignoring persecuted minorities — including many Muslim women.
Jihadists filmed themselves laughing at how they will share Yazidi Sex Slaves they BUY at a Market, pic.twitter.com/WnrOaJE9HR
— Amy Mek (@AmyMek) March 30, 2019
Mark Levin starts his show by reading from a 2004 article written by the Rev. Wayne Perryman entitled, “The Racist History of the Democratic Party.” It is also summed up in these three links, one to my VIMEO, and the others to my site (w/lots of media):
- The Rev. Wayne Perryman On Democratic Racism (VIMEO);
- Did The Party’s Switch? (RPT);
- Slavery Made the South Poor, Not Rich (RPT).
IF the narrative is pushed that reparations are to be given, it should be emphasized that one Party should repay them.
Here is a partial excerpt of the Wayne Perryman article Mark Levin was reading from
Talk given at FreedomFest 2018, Paris Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada on July 12, 2018. FreedomFest is an annual convention produced by Mark and Jo Ann Skousen and directed by Valerie Durham.
John and Ken discuss Hillary Clinton’s and Barack Obama’s actions in Libya creating modern day slave bazaars. Obviously what happened in the vacuum was Islam was just given space to apply the Quran. Take note that the five nations in this article are Muslim: “Top 5 African Countries Where Slavery Is Still Uncontrolled.”