Posts Tagged 'Scientism'
Stephen C. Meyer Responds To The New Atheist By Explaining Evidence For Intelligent Design From Physics, Astronomy and Biology
The original video was removed, so this one is a substitute Stephen C. Meyer shows evidence of Intelligent Design in physics, astronomy and biology. This lecture is in response to Richard Dawkins and the New Atheists.
Biography of Benjamin Carson, One of the Greatest Pediatric Surgeons Eva, and, Sympathetic to Creationism (Updated)
Just a few updated notes on this — mainly an — import of an older post from my old blog. Firstly, the above is Dr. Carson at the prayer breakfast which Obama and his lovely wife had to sit through. Dr. Carson lays into their policies forcefully ans well as politely. It has caused the […]
More than a half century ago, famed writer C.S. Lewis warned about how science (a good thing) could be twisted in order to attack religion, undermine ethics, and limit human freedom. In this documentary “The Magician’s Twin: C.S. Lewis and the Case Against Scientism,” leading scholars explore Lewis’s prophetic warnings about the abuse of science […]
(As usual you can enlarge the article by clicking on it.) I enjoyed this weeks Concepts by John Van Huizum. While he showed the usual lack of deep study and merely expresses opinion as such, he is right about one thing… reality is perception. In Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1996), the 9th District Appeals Court […]
Paul Krugman Casts Science in a Fascistic Way (scientism): `Use It To Force Social Change` (How the Left and Evolutionary Thinking Destroys Science)
Via What’s Up With That? This is another reason that many on the right distrust liberals/liberal scientific predictions about the environment. That is, they believe it okay to lie in order to produce a social response. Marxists called this propaganda. From exaggerating the Greenland Ice melting by almost 50-times, to this example: “The scientist behind […]
The Dysfunction of Modern Science and the Conservative Mind ~ Science vs Scientism (Some Articles Reproduced)
Has Modern Science Become Dysfunctional? WASHINGTON, DC – March 27, 2012 — The recent explosion in the number of retractions in scientific journals is just the tip of the iceberg and a symptom of a greater dysfunction that has been evolving the world of biomedical research say the editors-in-chief of two prominent journals in a […]
If science really is permanently committed to methodological naturalism – the philosophical position that restricts all explanations in science to naturalistic explanations – it follows that the aim of science is not generating true theories. Instead, the aim of science would be something like: generating the best theories that can be formulated subject to the […]
About usBiased: I Often Times have my own interests and personal beliefs in mind when talking to others, spiritually or politically (Proverbs 16:2 & 21:2; Matthew 15:16-20; 1 Samuel 16:7); Fallen: I am a sinner and tend towards ~ naturally ~ what is not best for me or others. In other words, I will probably let you down (Romans 3:10 & 3:19-20, 23; Leviticus 5:17; Isaiah 64:6; Galatians 5:17); Sentenced: since I tend towards rebellion and selfishness, I am judged accordingly and righteously (Romans 5:12; 6:23[a]; Job 36:6; Hebrews 9:27); Forgiven: I am justified before God not through works but by faith (Galatians 2:16; Romans 6:23[b]; Psalm 86:5; Ephesians 2:8-9); Relational: mercy is not getting what you deserve. And grace is getting what you absolutely do not deserve (Hebrews 4:16; Ephesians 1:5; Jeremiah 15:19[a]; Isaiah 48:10; Job 23:10); Joyous: for these reasons, I rejoice, greatly! (Psalm 40:16; Psalm 30:5; Isaiah 12:1-6; Romans 15:13; Philippians 4:4-5[a]). [Important Note: I do not make any money off this blog]
- A Beautiful Tribute to Mandela, and a Hope That South Africa Stays Free
- Politifact`s Lie of the Year ~ Jake Tapper Discusses
- Krystal Ball Showing Why MSNBC is Last In Cable News Ratings (Soros vs. Koch Brothers)-UPDATED
- Ozone Myths, NASA Says 20-Years of Regulations No Help (Bonus: IPCC Critiqued)
- 5-Years of Hate from the `No H8` Movement (Mature Rating)
- `The beginning of January is going to be a train wreck [for Democrats]` ~ That Hammer
- Six-Year Old Boys and `Slut Walks` ~ Whatch-U-Talkin-Bout Willis!?
- GOP Rep. Challenges John Kerry About President Obama`s Shaking the `BLOODY HAND` of Raul Castro
- Mark Morano of Climate Depot Slices and Dices AGW Apologist
- PapaGiorgio: You may also like this? http://r...
- PapaGiorgio: Quote: One of the ...
- Charley: You don't so much distinguish betwe...
- PapaGiorgio: I distinguish between the two in my...
- Charley: Great article! I belong to a church...
- PapaGiorgio: The Parallels Between Jesus and Hor...
- Max: Mark Foreman - REFUTED http://www....
- Chuck: He simply hates America. He has no ...
- Wintery Knight: Sean McDowell makes science sound i...