Rand Paul dodges on if a 2020 primary would be good for GOP: ‘I can’t see myself supporting anyone but’ Trump
~I want Full Repeal, NO replacement, free markets! ~
The above is a statement from a FB friend… and is the main thrust of this post.
Dennis Prager quickly mentions a Kimberly Strassel article via the WALL STREET JOURNAL. in this short clip Prager also prefaces Trump’s horrible statement about McCain’s being captured with what McCain said about half of America. And principle is thrown to the wayside in people like this not voting to repeal in part Obama-care.
I had one gent tell me that all the repeals (or bills changing Obama-care) were keeping up to 90% of the bill. But what was proffered would have killed the rest of the ACA. Here is a helpful visual of what the Republicans proposed:
I found this end to an article at THE FEDERALIST helpful… the part about “incrementalism.” Something the right doesn’t get:
Senator Rand Paul gives a passionate speech about how congress should send money to Hurricane Harvey survivors but shouldn’t increase the debt to pay for it. Paul makes the case that the US should stop sending money to foreign countries before we pay for our problems. Paul believes Congress continually votes with their hearts and not their heads.
Michael Medved had Senator Rand Paul in to discuss James Comey’s firing and what the delay was in firing him earlier. A good 6-minute interview.
Gay Patriot Slam-Dunks This!
- Nadal Hasan murders 14 people at Fort Hood While screaming “Allahu Akbar!” Not a terrorist.
- American citizens come together and, without firing a shot, protect a Nevada rancher from Federal Agencies who assaulted his family, killed his cattle, and destroyed his equipment. These are the people Democrats consider “domestic terrorists.”
I am reasonably confident King George III considered George Washington, Patrick Henry, and Thomas Jefferson to be “domestic terrorists,” too.
Moonbattery makes the great point that:
…In stark contrast stand the righteous upholders of law and order, who repeatedly tasered Bundy’s son, threw his sister to the ground, shot his bulls, chased cattle with helicopters, tore up his fences, pointed sniper rifles at American citizens, trampled a sacred turtle burrow, et cetera.
Yet again Reid proves himself to be completely out of step with his constituents, whom he denounces rather than even pretending to represent. It doesn’t matter. As a Founding Father of oligarchical collectivism said, “The people who count the votes decide everything.” Guess who counts the votes in Nevada?
Update your Newspeak dictionaries. The word terrorist has now been redefined to mean “anyone who frustrates our rulers.” This is an improvement, because back when it meant “someone who has committed an act of terror,” the term was offensive to our government’s Muslim allies….
Sen. Rand Paul opines on what others (Democrats and Republicans) are saying… the President acted unconstitutionally, against his oath to uphold that same document.
While Will was speaking about Obamacare and the fixes the President want to make “ad-hoc,” this applies to other areas, such as the Defense of Marriage Act, and the like. Take note Bob Woodward really had no response to George Will.
Via Gateway Pundit:
Democrat Representative, Nick Rahall from West Virginia, had this to say about the Obama “fix” on CBS. “I’m not sure he had the legal underpinning for what he did.”
Here is an older Prager audio where he was reading an article about the “Imperial Presidency”
Rubio ~ Republican Response
Rand ~ Tea-Party Response
BONUS! Joe Scarborough ~ Imaginary Response
- Hillary Clinton 2008 Democrat Presidential Primary. (Lost to Democrat Barack Obama)
- Terry McAuliffe 2009 VA Dem Gov Primary. (Lost to Democrat Craig Deeds)
- Craig Deeds 2009 VA Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Bob McDonell)
- Jon Corzine 2009 NJ Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Chris Christie)
- Martha Coakley 2010 (Special Election) MA Dem U.S. Senate Nominee. (Lost to Republican Scott Brown)
- Kendrick Meeks 2010 FL Dem U.S. Senate Nominee. (Lost to Republican Marco Rubio)
- Alex Sink 2010 FL Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Rick Scott)
- Virg Bernero 2010 MI Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Rick Snyder)
- Ted Strickland 2010 OH Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican John Kasich)
- Mike McWherter 2010 TN Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Bill Haslam)
- Lee Fisher 2010 OH Dem U.S. Senate Nominee. (Lost to Republican Rob Portman)
- Jack Conway 2010 KY Dem U.S. Senate Nominee. (Lost to Republican Rand Paul)
- Joe Sestak 2010 PA Dem U.S. Senate Nominee. (Lost to Republican Pat Toomey)
- Dan Onorato 2010 PA Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Tom Corbett)
- Rory Reid 2010 NV Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Brian Sandoval)
- Diane Denish 2010 NM Dem Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Susana Martinez)
- Tom Barrett 2012 (Recall) WI Den Gov Nominee. (Lost to Republican Scott Walker)