He has not yet responded. https://t.co/yOLqC3H8an
— Aldous Huxley's Ghost™ (@AF632) July 14, 2019
U.S. Customs and Border Protection released video over the weekend showing the “escalation of tactics” used to smuggle illegal immigrants into the country, which now apparently involves heavily armed security.
— CBP Arizona (@CBPArizona) April 23, 2019
Friedman is WRONG. Donald Trump did lay compromise on the table — the Dems rejected it. ALSO, the “hard-liners” Friedman mentions (Stephen Miler) are saying NOTHING DIFFERENT that Democrats a decade ago. Nothing. But at least the HARD-LEFT is admitting Trump is right. To Wit:
MARC THIESSEN: This is probably never going to happen but I think it is pure genius and I can’t understand why Democrats are upset about this. Two sets of facts, number one, it is the position of the Democratic Party that illegal aliens held by ICE should be released into the country, into our communities. During negotiations during the government shutdown, Democrats’ official negotiating position was we should limit amount the amount of beds ICE has to 35,000 and they expressly said for the purpose of forcing the Trump administration to release noncriminal aliens into the community. So they’re for releasing them into the community, periods. Secondly, they created sanctuary cities and this is their policy for the purpose of giving sanctuary to illegal aliens. NYC Mayor de Blasio wants to offer them free healthcare. Stacy Abrams wants them to vote in local elections. Governor Newsom wants to make the entire state a sanctuary, so how can you be upset about President Trump offering to do exactly what you say you want to do?
“Winning!” Here is a link to a YOUTUBE version if wanted.
Trump just got Cory Booker to admit sanctuary cities make us less safe! pic.twitter.com/yaUeE3nYMz
— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) April 14, 2019
Larry Elder deftly journeys through the Left’s refusal to face a crisis worse than when Obama called it a crisis. (Insert here #nevertrumpers as well.) There is now no question about it… and those that perpetuate this as a non-crisis will only help Trump win in 2020.
Here are some related reads:
- After Months of Denying, Cable Journalists Admit ‘Crisis’ at Border
- Byron York: How Bad Does Border Have To Be For Democrats To Admit It’s An Emergency?
- Establishment Media Admit Border Crisis
- CNN Finally Admits There’s a Crisis at the Border!
- Here’s a List of Democrats Who Acknowledged There’s a Crisis at the Border
- Democrats Want Open Borders – Tear Down Existing Border Wall
RIGHT SCOOP hat-tip to Rep Crenshaw:
Here is a portion of the border “secured” by the 2006 SECURE BORDER FENCE ACT... as you can see in the video (and the picture) just how effective this was:
- …she concluded, “I could look at it and see which part [O’Rourke] means and why, and if it makes sense, I could support it.”
The WASHINGTON EXAMINER has more — and let me say, effe these people and their “racist card.”
Here is BETO:
Democrat Beto O’Rourke says he wants to knock down the existing border barriers on the southern border
MSNBC’s Chris Hayes: “If you could, would you take the wall down now? Knock it down?”
O’Rourke: “Yes, absolutely. I would take the wall down.” pic.twitter.com/0jYSc1kKh8
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) February 15, 2019
In a good bit today on the Glenn Beck Radio Program, a New York Times story that “fact-checked” the State of the Union Speech was itself run through the grinder. I include a short Stephanie Ruhle (MSNBC) audio clip, and then Brian Stelter (CNN) gets “fact-checked himself. Good clip to link in a response to a Leftist. Glenn and Stu (Steve Burguiere) are in their zone here. The segment that followed this section can be see HERE.
See also an excellent article at THE FEDERALIST entitled, “The State Of American ‘Fact-Checking’ Is Completely Useless“.
In another great segment Glenn Beck and Stu (Steve Burguiere) discuss where the New York Times and the Washington Post’s fudging their quotes and intended meanings. NATIONAL REVIEW has an excellent rebuttal to this in their article entitled, “Trump Was Right about New York’s Abortion Law”. In it we read:
- The text of the law bears out rather than contradicts Trump’s comment. So long as the abortionist is willing to say that an abortion is necessary to protect the pregnant woman’s health — including emotional health — the abortion can take place at any time before or after 24 weeks. Two decades ago, during a debate over similar legislation, late-term abortionist Warren Hern explained that he would always testify that an abortion he wished to perform would avert adverse health consequences (Frank Murray, “Daschle Ban May Not Ban Anything; Abortionists Could Use Own Judgment,” Washington Times, May 15, 1997).
Good stuff Glenn and Stu!
There seems to be a difference between how each of the Presidential administrations treated these families. (Hat-Tip, FIREARMS LIFE)
The wall IS THE COMPASSIONATE ANSWER to the problem.
Take note that the FOX video exemplifies what almost all the news pieces do (not speaking about commentary shows like Sean Hannity), they invite both sides on. Other cable news outlets and sources of news rarely if ever practice this.
Democrat Adam Smith (D-WA), chair of the House Armed Services Committee, admitted this morning that President Trump has the authority to declare a national emergency and have the military build a wall along the US-Mexico border.
Hear GORKA’S thoughts on this.