John Coleman profiles scientist Roger Revelle, the grandfather of the Global Warming myth and Al Gore’s mentor. For more of a real tribute to Roger, see WUWT’s post.
This comment below (left on my YouTube channel) is in response to the above video:
- I can see that the earth is warming, and I’m an atheist. The first thing that made me start to worry was the burning of Yellowstone in 1988. Dinesh’s argument may have worked ten years ago, but he apparently isn’t in contact with nature like many more of us are. He probably has his nose stuck in books and data, and is rushing around at the same time denying to anyone willing to listen that the we have had five or more record breaking temperature years all in this century. As Jesus said, according to Thomas, the truth is there if you want to see it. It pays the get rich quick corporations not to want to see Global Warming. I wonder how much this guy makes and who is paying him?
The following is my expanded response to it:
First, my wife works for a large corporation, and they do nothing but kowtow to the idea man is causing global warming. Spending many millions on the environment, and working side-by-side (paying off) a few well-known environment groups. Second, stations with the longest “over 90-degree” and stations with the “over 100-degree” were much more plentiful in the past when there was MUCH less man-produced CO2 —
- The Mean Global Temperature has been stable since 1997, despite a continuous increase of the CO2 content of the air: how could one say that the increase of the CO2 content of the air is the cause of the increase of the temperature?
- 57% of the cumulative anthropic emissions since the beginning of the Industrial revolution have been emitted since 1997, but the temperature has been stable. How to uphold that anthropic CO2 emissions (or anthropic cumulative emissions) cause an increase of the Mean Global Temperature?
Not only that, but lastly, a just published study in THE OPEN ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCE JOURNAL says that global cooling will occur over the next 50-years… and we are above 400ppms! (Note: I can give hundreds of studies on this
Run, the sky is falling!
Which is why many smart people say stuff like this:
- “Doubling CO2 involves a 2% perturbation to this budget. So do minor changes in clouds and other features, and such changes are common. In this complex multifactor system, what is the likelihood of the climate (which, itself, consists in many variables and not just globally averaged temperature anomaly) is controlled by this 2% perturbation in a single variable? BELIEVING THIS IS PRETTY CLOSE TO BELIEVING IN MAGIC. Instead, you are told that it is believing in ‘science.’ Such a claim should be a tip-off that something is amiss. After all, science is a mode of inquiry rather than a belief structure….. The accumulation of false and/or misleading claims is often referred to as the ‘overwhelming evidence’ for forthcoming catastrophe. Without these claims, one might legitimately ask whether there is any evidence at all.” — MIT Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen (emphasis added)
I have many links to CLIMATE SITES here: CLIMATE CHANGE DISRUPTED
(Prager U. presentations below – JUMP)
- 1934 Not The Hottest Year Globally!?
- Alternative Energy Kills the Poor
- Biofuels Worse for Environment Than Fossil Fuels
- Birds versus Solar Power Plants
- Birds versus Wind Energy
- Climate “Consensus”
- Climate “Stories”
- CNBC versus Dr. William Happer
- DDT ~ John Stossel
- Debunking the Top 5 Climate Change Myths (+CONSENSUS)
- December 2015 Oddly Hot?
- Denying Man-Caused Climate Change is Racist
- Don’t You Dare Breathe
- Drought ~ Decades To Prepare ~ California’s Lost Opportunities
- Drought ~ California Dreamin’ of a Bygone Eras (Droughts vs. Politics)
- Drought ~ Water Pulsing, Insane Policies Keeping California “Back-Woods”
- Earth-Day Fails! Prince EA’s Video is Full of Hot Air
- Eco-Fascists! Leading the Way To Democrat Utopian Ideals
- Flashback ~ 60-Theories to Explain Global Cooling (1974)
- Flashback ~ Maldives (1988)
- Flashback ~ No Snow (2000)
- Flashback ~ Al Gore and No-Ice (2007)
- Flashback ~ NASA and No-Ice (2007)
- Flashback ~ ABC Said New York Underwater by 2015 (2008)
- February 2016 Oddly Hot?
- Global Warming Good For Island Growth
- Golden Rice ~ Blood On Their Hands
- Hurricane Myths ~ The Big Fizzle
- Medieval Warming Period ~ 3-Degrees Warmer Than 2014
- NASA/NOAA Caught Changing Temperatures
- New York Would Be Underwater
- Ozone Layer B.S.
- Polar Bear Inconvenient Truths for FactCheck.org
- Polar Bears to Ice-Caps ~ The Left Gets Its Wrong
- Putting Disasters Into Perspective Years Later
- Reporter Corrected by Scientist
- Some Super Sized Glacier Myths via Climate Change
- The Left versus Fiery Baptist Preacher (Eschatology Wars Edited)
- The Great Flood of 1862 – California’s Counter Hysterical History
- The Great Garbage Patch Charlie Brown
- Time Magazine ~ Pwned
- Top MIT Climatologist Slams Consensus
- Series (Part 1) ~ Polar Bear Fraud ~ Highest Levels Eva!
- Series (Part 2) ~ Is 2014 The Hottest Year?
- Series (Part 3) ~ UCSB Students Note Rising Sea Levels
- Series (Part 4) ~ CO2 Not The Demon It Is Made Out To Be
- Series (Part 5) ~ Are Electric Cars “Clean”
- Solar Boondoggle ~ California Tax-Payers Being Ripped Off!
- Wind Power Polluting the Beauty and Cleanliness Of Our World With Renewable Energy
- Wind and Solar More Harmful To Environment Than Helpful
PRAGER UNIVERSITY VIDEOS
(Above) The Paris Climate Agreement will cost at least $1 trillion per year, and climate activists say it will save the planet. The truth? It won’t do anything for the planet, but it will make everyone poorer–except politicians and environmentalists. Bjorn Lomborg explains.
CLIMATE CHANGE: WHAT’S SO ALARMING? || Are droughts, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters getting stronger and more frequent? Are carbon dioxide emissions, global temperatures and sea levels putting us on a path for climate catastrophe? Bjorn Lomborg, Director of the Copenhagen Consensus Center, breaks down the facts about the environment and shows why the reality of climate change may be very different from what you hear in the media.
DO 97% OF CLIMATE SCIENTISTS REALLY AGREE? || Is it true that 97% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real? Where does the 97% figure come from? And if it is true, do they agree on both the severity of and the solution to climate change? New York Times bestselling author Alex Epstein, founder of the Center for Industrial Progress, reveals the origins of the “97%” figure and explains how to think more clearly about climate change.
FOSSIL FUELS: THE GREENEST ENERGY || To make earth cleaner, greener and safer, which energy sources should humanity rely on? Alex Epstein of the Center for Industrial Progress explains how modern societies have cleaned up our water, air and streets using the very energy sources you may not have expected–oil, coal and natural gas.
CLIMATE CHANGE: WHAT DO SCIENTISTS SAY? || Climate change is an urgent topic of discussion among politicians, journalists and celebrities…but what do scientists say about climate change? Does the data validate those who say humans are causing the earth to catastrophically warm? Richard Lindzen, an MIT atmospheric physicist and one of the world’s leading climatologists, summarizes the science behind climate change.
ARE ELECTRIC CARS REALLY GREEN? || Are electric cars greener than conventional gasoline cars? If so, how much greener? What about the CO2 emissions produced during electric cars’ production? And where does the electricity that powers electric cars come from? Environmental economist Bjorn Lomborg, director of the Copenhagen Consensus Center, examines how environmentally friendly electric cars really are.
IS CLIMATE CHANGE OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM? || Is man-made climate change our biggest problem? Are the wildfires, droughts and hurricanes we see on the news an omen of even worse things to come? The United Nations and many political leaders think so and want to spend trillions of tax dollars to reverse the warming trend. Are they right? Will the enormous cost justify the gain? Economist Bjorn Lomborg, director of the Copenhagen Consensus Center, explains the key issues and reaches some sobering conclusions.
CAN WE RELY ON WIND AND SOLAR ENERGY? || Is green energy, particularly wind and solar energy, the solution to our climate and energy problems? Or should we be relying on things like natural gas, nuclear energy, and even coal for our energy needs and environmental obligations? Alex Epstein of the Center for Industrial Progress explains. Learn about Alex Epstein’s book, The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels.
WHY I LEFT GREENPEACE || Patrick Moore explains why he helped to create Greenpeace, and why he decided to leave it. What began as a mission to improve the environment for the sake of humanity became a political movement in which humanity became the villain and hard science a non-issue.
WHAT THEY HAVEN’T TOLD YOU ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE || Since time immemorial, our climate has been and will always be changing. Patrick Moore explains why “climate change,” far from being a recent human-caused disaster, is, for a myriad of complex reasons, a fact of life on Planet Earth.
THE TRUTH ABOUT CO2 || Global Warming activists will tell you that CO2 is bad and dangerous. The EPA has even classified it as a pollutant. But is it? Patrick Moore provides some surprising facts about the benefits of CO2 that you won’t hear in the current debate.
TREES ARE THE ANSWER || Everybody loves trees, so why are they so controversial? Patrick Moore untangles the knotty issue of “deforestation” and shows how, from a purely environmental perspective, it is possible and desirable to grow more trees and use more wood products.
WHY YOU SHOULD LOVE FOSSIL FUEL || Every year on Earth Day we learn how bad humanity’s economic development is for the health of the planet. But maybe this is the wrong message. Maybe we should instead reflect on how human progress, even use of fossil fuels, has made our environment cleaner and healthier. Alex Epstein of the Center for Industrial Progress explains.
IS ORGANIC FOOD WORTH THE COST? || Are organic foods really healthier than non-organic foods? Are they better for animals? Are they better for the environment? Bjorn Lomborg, president of the Copenhagen Consensus Center, explains.
CAN A DESERT NATION SOLVE THE WORLD’S WATER SHORTAGE? || From California to Africa, we are facing a global water shortage. But one tiny country, in the middle of a desert, has found remarkable solutions. Which country? And can we replicate its success? Businessman and New York Times bestselling author Seth Siegel explains. (SEE ALSO: “Do You Pass the Israel Test?“)
Nobel laureate Ivar Giaever’s speech at the Nobel Laureates meeting 1st July 2015. Ivar points out the mistakes which Obama makes in his speeches about global warming, and shares other not-well known facts about the state of the climate.
Professor Ivar Giaever, the 1973 Nobel Prizewinner for Physics trashes the global warming/climate change/extreme weather pseudoscientific clap-trap and tells Obama he is “Dead Wrong”. This was the 2012 meeting of Nobel Laureates.
Imagine your doctor tells you that you have dangerously high cholesterol and blocked arteries. She says you may drop dead soon. [Note: Based on comments/questions, I should clarify here. By “doctor”, I mean the entire medical establishment. So imagine you got not just a “second opinion,” but 100 opinions…and 97 say the same thing].You might have four basic reactions based on two dimensions, belief (or doubt) in the basic facts/science, and whether you commit to action or delay.
Here are some of the responses — in part — from WATTS UP WITH THAT:
Temple University Students for Intellectual Freedom (TUSIF) hosted Ann McElhinney, the Irish documentary film maker behind the documentary film “Not Evil, Just Wrong”, which debunks myths surrounding global warming. Also speaking on the panel were Jennifer Stefano, Director of Energy and Labor Policy, AFP-PA; and Tom Pyle, President, American Energy Alliance. The event concluded with an always-entertaining, outrageous Q&A session. Entertainment provided by the Temple U. Socialists-Feminists, radical leftists. AFP chose to tour Pennsylvania due to the state’s history in the energy field and their vast resources of shale, crude oil, and coal. This is an opportunity for students to learn about how the left’s radical environmentalist agenda is harming America.
(Above video description) Former Energy Department Undersecretary Steven Koonin on how bureaucrats spin scientific data.
Here is Mark Levin on the above interview:
- “We are very far from the knowledge needed to make good climate policy,” writes leading scientist Steven E. Koonin
I Call B.S. for ALL the people that say this Oroville dam thingy is proof in some way of Climate Disruption (previously Climate Change, and Global Warming before that)! They are right though, Jerry Brown and the Democrats have spent sick money on dumb stuff rather than California’s infrastructure. Governor Brown — contrary to the excerpt from the article — didn’t follow his own advice:
“This matter needs to be investigated from top to bottom,” Alpert said. He said he finds it astounding that even as Gov. Jerry Brown has repeatedly touted preparedness for climate change, officials who manage the dam and other pieces of the state’s water system have “essentially ignored what the governor said was critical for the state of California – and they were allowed to do it.” — THE DESERT SUN
We have had 200-year long droughts, and worse rain (below)… when BIG-OIL didn’t exist. Are “warmists” this dumb? (Yes… the answer is yes.) How bout California — via the Democrats — stop spending money on dumb shite and prepare for what man is not causing… weather:
- $25 billion per year to support illegal immigrants;
- California high-speed rail, a pet project of Mr. Brown’s with an estimated price tag of $100 billion;
- In 2014 Governor Jerry Brown “authorized about $3 million annually for nonprofit legal services providers to represent unaccompanied minors arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border.”
This event is known as “The Great Flood of 1862,” and can happen again… the above is a picture from Sacramento in 1862.
WATTS UP WITH THAT has a story on this historical period in our past with the article starting out thus:
There are maps of the flooded areas included in what was flooded in the 1800s and what could be flooded again with a coming storm of similar size:
Here is Scott’s Tweet:
The following video presentation is by Patrick Frank, a Ph.D. chemist with more than 50 peer-reviewed articles. He has previously published in Skeptic on the noble savage myth, as well as in Theology and Science on the designer universe myth and in Free Inquiry, with Thomas H. Ray, on the science is philosophy myth. He works [worked?] at Stanford as a Life Science Research Assistant for the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center. His article the video is based on is this:
- The claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the current warming of Earth climate is scientifically insupportable because climate models are unreliable
“He who refuses to do arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense.” — John McCarthy
(See a Christmas Conversation from 2014)
A polar-bear expert (researcher and zoologist) refutes FactCheck.org’s article continuing to tell the lie that polar bears are endangered. The article is titled over at Climate Depot as, “Polar Bear Expert refutes warmist Factcheck.org’s claims on on polar bears.” The actual article title is: Challenging Alaska polar bear research sound bites and bewildering ESA status.
Here are 5 or the 10 failed predictions regarding Polar Bears via What’s Up With That?
An Update Via WUWT:
- During the great heatwave of July, 2016 – temperatures in Ada, Minnesota averaged 16 degrees cooler than during July, 1936… Aurora, Illinois was about 13 degrees warmer in 1936… Same story in Bloomington, Indiana. (The Deplorable Climate Science Blog)
NOAA has found it necessary to monkey with July temperatures by 1,000% in order to note that 2016 is the hottest July on record. (Ditto)
In 1924 the outback Australian town of Marble Bar recorded the longest ever heatwave, setting a record for the most consecutive days above 100F (37.8C). In 1976 the United Kingdom sweltered in temperatures exceeding 90F (32.2C) for 15 consecutive days. A further five days saw temperatures reaching 95F (35C). Parts of the country’s southwest went for 45 days without rain, prompting terrible heath and forest fires that destroyed trees and crops. The heatwave came to a dramatic end in August, with severe thunderstorms rolling across the country.
You can see more on my post about the 1930’s being the hottest, globally.
Climate experts say that July 2016 was the hottest month ever. In the United States, it was one of the least hot months ever.
2015 was also said to be the hottest year… 1936 had the most hot days on record, not 2015. Claims 2015 is the warmest year on record ignore satellite data, which shows 2015 only ranks as the third-warmest year on record (CFACT). May I add to the satellite data being ignored that bad readings from many ground sensors are used to prop up temperatures.
The touting of all these “hottest years” and scare tactics and the U.N. saying rising oceans will threaten the Statue of Liberty, are all power grabs. Period. The EPA says their most strict legislative acts to implement new regulations that will fight global warming, are ALSO A LIE! Like the Arctic for years being prophesied to be ice-free, and in fact setting ice-expansion records during month it was suppose to be ice-free.
The DAILY CALLER notes the EPA Chief’s admission:
Here is a great presentation showing the EPA to be full of B.S. Former Obama Department of Energy Assistant Secretary Charles McConnell eviscerates the President’s proposed Clean Power Plan regulation to fight global warming in testimony before Congress:
I said out-loud “AMEN” to the line, “I am no lawyer, but I AM a citizen!”
This video is based on David E.W. Evans work over at MISES DAILY…
- We check the main predictions of the climate models against the best and latest data. Fortunately the climate models got all their major predictions wrong. Why? Every serious skeptical scientist has been consistently saying essentially the same thing for over 20 years, yet most people have never heard the message. Here it is, put simply enough for any lay reader willing to pay attention.
(BIO) Dr. David M.W. Evans consulted full time for the Australian Greenhouse Office (now the Department of Climate Change) from 1999 to 2005, and part time 2008 to 2010, modeling Australia’s carbon in plants, debris, mulch, soils, and forestry and agricultural products. Evans is a mathematician and engineer, with six university degrees including a PhD from Stanford University in electrical engineering. The area of human endeavor with the most experience and sophistication in dealing with feedbacks and analyzing complex systems is electrical engineering, and the most crucial and disputed aspects of understanding the climate system are the feedbacks. The evidence supporting the idea that CO2 emissions were the main cause of global warming reversed itself from 1998 to 2006, causing Evans to move from being a warmist to a skeptic.