In an older interview revisited, I wanted to isolate this comment about the importance of tow Supreme Court Justices and their influence on the Court. Links to the original REASON-TV interview can be found via my post: “Why Merrick Garland Should NOT Be on SCOTUS.”
In 1991, the presumption was with the accused:
Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) declared that Donald Trump’s second Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, does not deserve the presumption of innocence when it comes to sexual assault allegations against him — because she disagrees with his judicial philosophy.
You got that? If you’re one of those dastardly “conservatives”, you don’t get any presumption of innocence! (See more at PJ-MEDIA). BUT WAIT! We aren’t done. Even if all four people named by an accuser say they were not at a party with Kavanaugh, that proves Dr. Ford’s claims.
Chief Justice John Roberts and justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas dissented:
- “Today, with the admirable intention of providing justice for one criminal defendant, the court not only pries open the door; it rules that respecting the privacy of the jury room, as our legal system has done for centuries, violates the constitution,” [….] “it is questionable whether our system of trial by jury can endure this attempt to perfect it.” ~ Samuel Alito
Here is the WALL STREET JOURNAL article Dennis was reading from:
The Daily Caller notes Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas’, observations on racism/bigotry:
- Black Conservatives Met With Hostility, Harassed at Annual NAACP Convention;
- ‘Black Republicans are like Jewish Nazis’ article promoted by Dem. Gov. Quinn’s campaign;
- Oscar Winning John Ridley’s “Manifesto of Ascendancy”;
- Black Democrats in MD make candid admission;
- University of California Regent Ward Connerly shouted down by a near-violent audience;
- Rutgers rage against Rice — why do liberals have so much hate for black conservatives?
The following is from Discover the Networks:
Larry Elder — the “Sage” of South Central — weaves a tale of politically correct multi-cultural leftism only the way Larry can. He excoriates the politics of race on the left, including Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Michael Steele, Justice Clarence Thomas, congressional candidate Charlotte Bergmann, Herman Cain, and the like. The racially divisive Left are heaping upon their heads coal (Acts 17:26 and Galatians 3:28), and many of the callers are upset about the history of how the black, Democratic community, inflict emotional pain on fellow brothers and sisters in the name of “diversity.” (Posted by Religio-Political Talk.)
For more clear thinking like this from Larry Elder… I invite you to visit: http://www.larryelder.com/
World Net Daily has a good article/interview with Justice Thomas’s wife, “Ginni” Thomas. She talks about the Tea Party and other important aspects of conservatism. Saying,
“The Sept. 12 march on Washington – when I saw all of those real, ordinary Americans march on Washington and come at their own expense – people who were there said it changed their lives,” she told WND…. [the] 52… blond with a vibrant smile and ebullient personality, said she “felt called to the front lines for our nation as President Obama was moving the country so far away from the founding principles.”….