Jojo Ruba, executive director at Faith Beyond Belief discusses the recent conversion therapy ban passed by Edmonton city council and what the ban will mean for Christian counselors and Christians in general.
At the end you hear people yell “Good!” when the person says freedom of speech was taken away. Just to be clear, Canada DOES NOT HAVE A FIRST AMENDMENT. They really do not have “freedom of speech.” But Canadians “think” they do, and so push this Natural Right by Nature’s God and so are on the side of justice. True justice that protects the freedom of speech of ALL PEOPLE (no matter creed nor religion). America is the ONLY NATION founded on limited government… unfortunately, we have a couple generations that have no idea what that means. And so we will slide slowly to a place similar to Canada. And Canada will be that much further along.
I originally saw this on CHARISMA NEWS, but also wish to encourage those visit WINTERY KNIGHT. Here are some excerpts from both. One More Thing To Note… while there are links to the above video, one should watch any number of Lynn’s videos, they are good and show his demeanor throughout. Loving.:
This isn’t the first time this has happened. Steven Crowder loves to run through a bit of the history with people, some examples (the third video shows the creep of totalitarianism [total thought] here in the states):
And now they’re arresting Christian pastors. Here is a short — true — statement by WINTERY KNIGHT, who eruditely acknowledges the above (I will emphasize)
WINTERY goes on to link to similar topic he has posted on:
- Fascist Canadian Justice overrules father’s freedoms of thought and speech
- Canadian court rules that parents can’t prevent children from obtaining hormone replacement therapy
- Canadian elementary schools vote to promote gay activism during Gay Pride month
- Canadian hospital denies man’s requests for assisted care, offers him euthanasia instead
- Canada’s Supreme Court bans Christians from practicing law in Canada
- How secularism and socialism killed marriage and family in Canada
- Canada’s prime minister explains why pro-life groups are not eligible for job grants
- Fascism in Canada: grad student dragged into kangaroo court for showing debate clip
- Canadian province blocks Christian couple from adopting children
- Ontario, Canada government bans pro-life sidewalk counselors
- Canada passes criminal law against undesired gender pronouns
- Canadian judge bans pro-life ads, because free speech makes people feel bad
- Canada’s Liberal Party criminalizes spanking of children by parents
- If you want to know what’s ahead for America, look north to Canada
I woke up early this morning and was in bed thinking about doing some toons, maybe some audio… study for Sundays adult class at church. Then I thought to myself that I missed catching up with “The Hammer” (Charles Krauthammer). So the first thing I did was catch up with Twitter… and the following painting was all over the place. I guess it is hanging on a wall in Fox News Studios (nice). At any rate, here it is:
1/1024th INDIAN +More
POLITICALLY CORRECT DRUDGERY
Dennis Prager discusses some good news from north of the border.
(NBC) MONTREAL — A center-right party that was founded just seven years ago and vows to curb immigration won Monday’s election in Quebec.
The result ends a half a century of rule split between the federalist Liberals and the Parti Quebecois, which wants the predominantly French-speaking province to leave Canada and came close to achieving that in a 1995 referendum.
The triumphant Coalition Avenir Quebec (CAQ) won 74 of the province’s 125 seats. The Liberals, which had held power for 13 out of the last 15 years, got just 32.
CAQ leader François Legault, who co-founded budget airline Air Transat before entering politics, campaigned on a plan to take in 10,000 fewer immigrants a year and to expel new residents who fail tests on French and Quebec values within three years….
Michael Medved interviews economist STEPHEN MOORE about the recent agreement between Trump and the current [and incoming] President[s] of Mexico. I did not include the callers, but one guy pointed out that it still has to pass our Congress and Mexico’s. A great interview.
Grad student Lindsay Shepherd of Wilfred Laurier U. was dragged before a kangaroo court for showing a Dr. Jordan Peterson video in class. Demand that Laurier dismiss the Orwellian complaint against her, apologize, and reaffirm its commitment to academic freedom.
HERE is the full audio of the “gender police.”
assiduity (ăsˌĭ-do͞oˈĭ-tē, -dyo͞oˈ-)►
n. Persistent application or diligence; unflagging effort.
n. Constant personal attention and often obsequious solicitude. Often used in the plural.
Dennis Prager discusses the overt racism at the Canadian Halifax Pop Explosion music festival. Performer, Lido Pimienta, who won the 2017 Polaris Prize, frequently asks all white members of her audience to move to the back and give up their seats to non-white audience members. A volunteer staffer refused to move to the back because she is Caucasian. Her refusal to do so was considered an “interruption” and deemed an act of “overt racism.”
In essence, it is like banning Rosa Parks from the front of the bus… and if she decides to sit there — SHE is called racist. More from THE DAILY CALLER:
FOX NEWS has a story to catch the listener up on the issue, and one must take not that I stuffed the CNN bit in-between Prager’s commentary.
NEWSBUSTERS discusses the upcoming D.C. policy regarding gender and I.D.
Dennis Prager reads from GATESTONE’S article, entitled: “Australia: The Madness Continues.” The whole hour was on the West’s suicide, but this section is for all my fellow patriots to the Western ideals down-under. We are at war with trying to conserve simple common sense designations.
Full report at Jihad Watch:
Gateway Pundit has two stories that really should be one. The first is of the Australian government cutting back 90% of the funding related to global warming from their annual budget.
The Daily Caller reported:
Australia’s conservative coalition is set to cut more than 90 percent of the funding related to global warming from their budget, from $5.75 billion this year to $500 million, over the next four years.
Environmentalists and leftist politicians in the country protested the move by conservative Liberal Party Prime Minister Tony Abbott’s governing coalition to slash funding for climate programs, arguing such funding for green energy and reducing carbon dioxide emissions were necessary to stop global warming….
And the other old story that is more than worth repeating is this (via Gateway):
Over five years ago Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free in five years. Gore made the prediction to a German audience in 2008. He told them that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”
Not only is the North Polar cap not melted away – global warming is not happening either. There has been no global warming in 17 years and 9 months [graph at top].
This flat-line comes at a time of a drastic increase in CO2:
Climate scientist Dr. Murry Salby, Professor and Climate Chair at Macquarie University, Australia explains in a recent, highly-recommended lecture presented at Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg, Germany, why man-made CO2 is not the driver of atmospheric CO2 or climate change.
Dr. Salby demonstrates:
- CO2 lags temperature on both short [~1-2 year] and long [~1000 year] time scales
- The IPCC claim that “All of the increases [in CO2 concentrations since pre-industrial times] are caused by human activity” is impossible
- “Man-made emissions of CO2 are clearly not the source of atmospheric CO2 levels”
- Satellite observations show the highest levels of CO2 are present over non-industrialized regions, e.g. the Amazon, not over industrialized regions
- 96% of CO2 emissions are from natural sources, only 4% is man-made
- Net global emissions from all sources correlate almost perfectly with short-term temperature changes [R2=.93] rather than man-made emissions
- Methane levels are also controlled by temperature, not man-made emissions
- Climate model predictions track only a single independent variable – CO2 – and disregard all the other, much more important independent variables including clouds and water vapor.
- The 1% of the global energy budget controlled by CO2 cannot wag the other 99%
- Climate models have been falsified by observations over the past 15+ years
- Climate models have no predictive value
- Feynman’s quote “It doesn’t matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are. If it doesn’t agree with the data, it’s wrong” applies to the theory of man-made global warming.
See and Read More HERE
I have to get an implant to my #8 tooth… well, I could get a bridge, but that would ruin the teeth surrounding the removed #8 tooth. This procedure will take about 7-8-months (bone graft, healing, stud insert, healing, tooth) and cost me almost $4,000 dollars. An acquaintance my wife and I know said we should go to Europe to have the procedure done to save money. So I am taking this opportunity to explain why the American dental plans and payment options are still superior to the National Health Care options of Europe.
Some use to plane for vacations around such surgical options. Obviously I cannot afford either a ticket or being in Europe for the 7-months for all the steps to be completed. But there are other reasons behind this no longer being an option:
$3,000 down south of America is not too far off from my $3,800 I will pay here. But in Europe, the NHS [for instance in the UK] typically settles on the cheaper of the options, which is filling down the teeth on either side of the affected area and making a bridge. Not to mention the cost of a plane ticket!
Gloomy indeed. In one chat-room in the United Kingdom we see some exchanges about a dental emergency:
- My poor boy was assaulted on Wednesday, leaving him with a broken nose and his front tooth was knocked clean out His other front tooth is also badly damaged and needs root canal work to save it. The dentist said they can make him a little plate or he could have a bridge. The other option would be an implant but at a cost of £2000 and not until he is 21 (he’s 15). She said that implants are extremely hard to get on the NHS.
One practicing dentist in the UK responded:
- He would have no chance of getting an implant on the NHS I’m afraid. On the plus side, you’ve got 6 yrs to save up. Adhesive (Maryland) bridges are a very good alternative though, and I have many patients that have been happy with these long-term.
Another person chimed in:
- Be aware that if he was assaulted you may be able to put in a claim for criminal injuries compensation for him. This takes a long time to come through and will not pay for an implant but will go a way towards the cost. Ask when he makes statement to police. Only cancer patients, thosecongenitally (born without) missing 6 teeth or more , or major trauma patients may get implants. I’m afraid your son won’t qualify.
(source) Hidden waiting lists seem to be one way government health-care deals with controlling costs. Recently in our country this has come to light with the VA, and is not foreign to other European countries (Scotland, England, Canada, UK, etc.).
In yet another chat room this question was asked:
- i am 26years old and my teeth are in a bit of a state my canine teeth have not moved into place and there is not enough space for one to move in place. i am on income support and i have been ill since i was a teenager .
The two top responses are these:
- nhs dentists are only obliged to maintain your oral health. anything else they can quote u private that’s if ur dental surgeon has orthodontic skill and your mouth is kept immaculately clean .so unfortunately u’ll have to start saving.
- Hi you CAN get braces on the NHS considering how bad your teeth are and if you are willing to wait 1-2 years to get seen. There is a waiting list for adult ortho on the NHS and its very difficult to get on the list but its worth a try…..see you dentist! Failing that you will have to pay roughly £2000 for them as income support does not make you exempt.
Another answer to a similar question is found on a blog dealing with dental issues:
- Hi no unfortunately implants and cosmetic treatments are not covered by the NHS just as boob jobs are rarely given on the NHS etc. You would probably need to go private and if you want implants your talking £2000 a tooth! ask your dentist what you can do as you are not happy with the appearance of your teeth.
I think there is a misconception here about health-care abroad, and those that tout such systems as superior to our health care system. Many procedures here can be done for close to the same cost, without years of waiting, and often times, much more reliably performed. Why? Because unlike government positions, the American dentist relies on the free market. The free-market makes the dentist accountable to the customer and can be run out of business if doing a sub-par job. It is near impossible to hold government programs to any standard that truly threatens it “integrity.”