Dennis Prager very succinctly explains why pre-existing conditions being covered by insurance is a bad thing with an analogy about car insurance.
This has grown out of multiple conversations over the years… and I wish to post it here for future reference. It will span a few topics — but I am sure you will get the point. It will not read straight forward as it will incorporate previously written material with some “stitching together.” (Note as well that I will link many of these topics to sites by the offenders themselves or people who disagree with the offenders, thus sitting them… the “separating the wheat from the chaff” thingy [Matthew 3:12].) But with the recent church shooting and the South Carolina Democrat blaming the Charleston shooting on FOX News. These people live in a bubble, and we need to be ready to show them this.
Here is a recent conversation that I will use as a model and add the pertinent information into the smaller discussion.
On-and-on… most scares and diminution of language and concepts and societal needs [etc] have by-and-large come from the Left:
- Vaccines (Discover Magazine)
- IQ studies (see right) and standardized tests are racist and sexist (SATs)
- ISIS is not Islamic
- AIDS/HIV, etc., not a big deal in the gay community
- “Tug of War” too violent for children
- Saying “Wife” or “Boyfriend” in conversation offends gays
- Disappearing Ice (Arctic ocean ice-free by summer, 2012; See Antarctic as well)
- Anthropogenic global warming
- Renewable energy (biofuels, solar & wind)
- Polar Bears
- Silicone breast implants
- Second-hand smoke
- Electric cars (good for the environment)
- DDT (Silent Spring)
- CO2 is a pollutant
- Tampons being patriarchal (a rape device)
- Heterosexual AIDS (book; also see #2)
- Condoms cure everything and prevent everything
- “Thug” is now racist
- Sex education cures all sexual problems
- We need sex ed in kindergarten
- female or male hormone therapy for 10-year-olds to transition to the opposite gender
- It’s a fetus, not a person
- “Obama-Care” — the word — is hate speech
- “Homosexual” is now a slur
- “Illegal Immigrant” is racist (Jay Leno joke)
- Writing “Dear Mam,” or “Sir” sexist
- Anyone can use restrooms in schools depending on if they “feel” like a boy or girl… K-12
- The Red-Skins name (the football team) is racist
- Apache Helicopter racist
- It’s a blob of undifferentiated tissue
- If abortion is not legal, there will be thousands of deaths a year from attempts at self-abortion
- If we fund embryonic stem cell research, Christopher Reeve will walk again
- Ethanol is an excellent fuel for cars
- Electric vehicles don’t pollute
- Compact Fluorescent Lights are good
- Forces people to bake a cake for an event
- Free speech “zones“!?
So we have had some leading Democrats blame the Charleston shooting on Trump and Talk Radio (Hillary), A South Carolina House Minority leader blamed Fox News (Todd Rutherford), etc….
B-U-T, how bout’ Charlie Rangel [second-longest currently serving member of the House of Representatives] actively covering for a murder — a planned murder with forethought — of a police officer by a racist black supremacist group? In other words, you have some nut job racist America hater who hates Israel and the U.S. militaristic imperialism who burns and steps on American flags being used to blame the Republican Party or Fox News… BUT… you have one of the most respected members of the House intimately involved with [by covering it up] a racist murder of a police officer.
- give me something analogous.
How bout’ this “standard” reply of mine when Democrats intimate racism on the Republican side, thus, intimating their hatred for racism:
PLEASE, give me something analogous to Democrat Woodrow Wilson showing a racist film in the White House or a President who has gone to a supremacist church for 20-years. Or give me a list of analogous “activist” meddling by the left that the right has done. Please. The left ruin a lot of what it touches, language-to-science-to-justice-to even common sense. It is sad… really it is.
One last comment on the Left’s tendency to “hate” racism. They only gate it where they [perceive] to see it if it benefits them. To show as clearly as possible that they should reject Obama, by ways of his affiliations with supremacist groups and literature for twenty years, should be assumed. But this does not benefit them. So the rhetoric continues.
In the original conversation I was asked about the tampons, “Wait- what’s wrong with tampons?” A fair question. I respond:
The response was priceless… as if this — ALL THIS — is happening in a vacuum:
To which I try to be more specific:
OCCUPY WALL STREET vs. Tea Party
Can anyone tell me something ANALOGOUS to the Tea Party
Mark Folley vs. Gerry Studds…