Mr. Rogers has solved the gun violence issue: let’s take away everyone’s guns! It’s only fair, right? WRONG. In his latest FIREWALL, host Bill Whittle takes down the childish naivete behind the gun control movement.
“I think YOU’RE Stupid Piers!” — Larry Elder
Via the DAILY WIRE:
Leftist Democrats in two cities start grabbing guns, literally.
Michael Medved discusses another lie from the left, “we aren’t trying to grab your guns!” Um, yes you are… literally! Here is an excerpt from the WASHINGTON TIMES:
- A unanimous vote by village trustees Deerfield, Illinois, this week is primed to turn many legal gun owners into criminals on June 13. Fines of up to $1,000 per day will face citizens this summer if they ignore a ban on “semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns with certain features.”
There is a longer video of some council meeting video from Deerfield, HERE.
This comes by way of the DAILY WIRE:
Andrew Pollack’s daughter was killed in the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Kyle Kashuv was a student there. They both have a message that the media does not want you to hear. But on the eve of the March For Our Lives, it is a message that needs to be heard. (Hat-tip to DC CALLER)
NEWSBUSTERS points out the following: “Nets: Parkland Anti-Gun Activists Overwhelm Gun Rights Advocates by 11 to 1“
- CBS handed over the most amount of time (28 minutes, 8 seconds) to anti-gun rights talking heads and guests. The pro-gun rights side was allowed a mere one minute and 30 seconds on CBS’s evening and morning shows.
- NBC offered 21 minutes and 8 seconds of airtime to gun control activists to just one minute and 37 seconds to Second Amendment supporters.
Updated via BREITBART: Parkland Victim’s Father on Mission to Make Schools Safer… Without Grabbing Guns | Son Blocked from Speaking at D.C. March: ‘Guess He Didn’t Have the Right Agenda’
Dennis Prager reads from an excellent article penned by the indomitable Walter Williams entitled, “NOT ALWAYS LIKE THIS.” In the article is this [of many] nuggets:
- “What about the calls for bans on the AR-15 so-called assault rifle? It turns out that according to 2016 FBI statistics, rifles accounted for 368 of the 17,250 homicides in the U.S. that year. That means restrictions on the purchase of rifles would do little or nothing for the homicide rate. Leaders of the gun control movement know this. Their calls for more restrictive gun laws are part of a larger strategy to outlaw gun ownership.”
- Gun ownership is not our problem. Our problem is a widespread decline in moral values that has nothing to do with guns. That decline includes disrespect for those in authority, disrespect for oneself, little accountability for anti-social behavior and a scuttling of religious teachings that reinforced moral values. Let’s examine elements of this decline.
A great read! Here are OLD stats for comparison:
A “dramatic” opener leading into serious discussion about the intentions and groups behind (“dark money”) the march. Some of the videos that Glenn Beck played the audio from can be found in full, here: Some Questions Asked At The “March For Our Lives” Rally | The organizers Tweeted that there were 850,000 people that showed up… but counts were more like 200,000 — AND — A leftist University of Maryland sociologist Dana Fisher conducted a study of the demographics of Saturday’s march in Washington, D.C., and discovered that only less than 10% of those in the crowd were under the age of 18. What this really was was a way for celebrities and others unnamed to donate in anonymity due to the 503(c)(4) status (i.e., “dark money,” I am sure people didn’t want the “Soros” name to pop up in searches) in order to fund leftist causes… and help out the broke Democrat Party (https://tinyurl.com/yadovrsz | https://tinyurl.com/ya96o9ja)
The question is — if given a chance to have some time with these kids — what would I do to try and counter these actions? They are based on cultural myths passed on by parents, uncles, and the like. In other words, how would you begin to counter these myths? FIRST the actions, then some thoughts.
Students at Antioch High School in Nashville, Tennessee, tore down the Stars and Stripes during a walkout over gun violence. CHANNEL 4 in Chicago has more on the violence.
Here are the Chicago students being allowed out of school for 17-minutes:
Here is expanded footage of the walkout protesters trashing the Chicago Walmart pic.twitter.com/lnVsp8h9sD
— The Red Elephants 🐘 (@RealRedElephant) March 16, 2018
I would start a reading club and meet weekly to discuss the issues in the book we would be currently reading. My first book I would have us read is Out Of America: A Black Man Confronts Africa. At some point I would have the kids listen to the audio chapter from Thomas Sowell’s book regarding slavery. Of course during this time one would be befriending and involved in a loving support of positive outcomes based in truth. As Christians, we should gravitate towards truth in outcomes in all things. Another study and discussion of a topic is the broken home. Something Larry Elder confronts in his own discussion with his father: Dear Father, Dear Son: Two Lives… Eight Hours. There are many resources to counter bad thinking on my page regarding RACIAL MYTHS… but the problem in the inner cities will continue as long as the family is broken and the blame is laid at the feet of historical myths and lies.
But this angst above is what the Left wants. It is how most revolutions happen, and why Barack Obama Tweeted to these student activists a few weeks back: “We’ve been waiting for you. And we’ve got your backs.”
- High School Protesters Recite Marxist Chant With Communist Fists During The Walkout Against Guns
(The above is via GAY PATRIOT [3-16-2018], the below was posted March of 2011)
The other day I was listening to the Michael Medved and I heard something I didn’t know that I think is very important for the general public to be aware of as they stand around the water cooler and discuss current events. A recent event one being the 8-to-1 decision in favor of the hate group/cult Fred Phelps is leader of, the Westboro Baptists. The information I was unaware of was that he ran for office five times – each time as a Democrat. Below are some photos of the Phelps clan with Al and Tipper Gore:
Now, however, it all makes sense! (What does? You ask.) All the hate signs hoisted by Democrats over the years match the insanity by the ones by the Westboro Baptists. I will post one that we are all familiar with from the Phelps:
We of course have seen these and this:
But what about leftists and Democrats at recent anti-war,anti-Bush,anti-military marches? Is there a common thred between the hate the Westboro Baptists (Democrats) spread and the majority of these whackoes over the year at these “peace” rallies (Democrats)? Lets see:
(A Leftist organization — Code Pink — wants our soldiers murdered) SIDE NOTE:
(Howard Dean, head of the DNC holding up moon-bat shirts!)
Thanks, but my family will keep our gun.
Larry Elder has John Lott on his show to discuss where Snopes dropped the ball in their attempt to “fact check” him. An excellent study in statistics. John Lott’s article is entitled, “Fact Checker Snopes .com’s big mistakes in comparing mass public shootings in the US and Europe.” John’s work still stands the test of time and political meanderings.
Here is John’s conclusion from the article: